(Discussion Thread) 12 Days of Christmas T-Shirt Giveaway

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you can do math, you may be asking "Hey Joe, if the contest starts on the 12th and it's 12 days long, wouldn't it end on the 23rd?"

Yes, that's correct! I figured that people shouldn't be worried with some contest on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Members are more than welcome to drop by and say hi, but no pressure to look up answers or anything. That's why it's started a little early :)

T-shirt

We'll see how well this works, considering I never got my T-shirt for signing up to the site in the first place.

What? You get a t-shirt for signing up?

That's the first I heard of that...during the summer we were having 40 - 100 sometimes a day signing up...that's a lot of shirts.

"Premium Membership", that's a different story.

Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe you had to sign up for a two year premium membership in order to qualify.

Aaron:cheers:

yes it is; according to http://corp.brp.com/en-CA/Company/Who.We.Are.htm

Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. is made up of...

"BRP products are distributed in no fewer than 80 countries by over 5,000 dealers and distributors. Our internationally recognized product lines include:

• Ski-Doo and Lynx (snowmobiles)
• Sea-Doo (watercraft and sport boats)
• Evinrude and Johnson (outboard engines)
• Can-Am (ATVs/quads and roadsters)
• Rotax (engines)"

why was BRP called incorrect before the thread was closed for the day?

Rotax/BRP

I might be coming in late on this discussion but when I looked at the contest thread, the question asked by the administrators was, "who is our parent company"...? The answer is BRP or Bombardier. BRP is the acronym for "Bombardier Recreational Products". So, the answer should have been either of those two. Which, in Hoggy99 had that as part of his answer.

But, there is a difference in some of their line, the Rotax engine. The Seadoo, Skidoo and Can Am all use this engine. The Rotax is also used in motorcycles, kart cars and aircraft. Of course, their line of outboards is not part of the Rotax family.

Rotax began back in 1920 as Rotax-Werg AG in Dresdan, Germany. As their popularity grew, Bombardier used the Rotax engine for the first time in their Ski-Doo's. In 1970, Bombardier and Rotax integrated. But it was in 2003 that Bombardier and Rotax fell into one company. Here, I'll just copy and past, for all to read.

Sale of Recreational Products Group by Bombardier Inc.; Foundation of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. (BRP) with BRP-Rotax as part of the new company.

BRP-Rotax is approved as International Design Organisation according to JAR-21 by the European Joint Aviation Authorities (JAA).

Cited from www.rotax.com

The history of these two companies is very interesting. Anyone wanting to read the complete history, follow the link above and click on the "about us" tab.:

I disagree, They are copy righted under BRP, on current brochures bombardier isn't used by itself anymore because the current parent company refers to themselves as Bombardier Recreational Products(BRP). The old logo used a few years ago was Bombardier, now its BRP.

I'm a dealer and just looked at an RXT iS and a DS 450 in my showroom. Niether one has bombardier on it like they used to be before becoming BRP. A dealer for ski doo can probably verify the same on one of those too.

Disagree?

I disagree, They are copy righted under BRP, on current brochures bombardier isn't used by itself anymore because the current parent company refers to themselves as Bombardier Recreational Products(BRP). The old logo used a few years ago was Bombardier, now its BRP.

I'm a dealer and just looked at an RXT iS and a DS 450 in my showroom. Niether one has bombardier on it like they used to be before becoming BRP. A dealer for ski doo can probably verify the same on one of those too.

What do you disagree with? I did not notice anywhere in my reply that said, they are still referred to as BRP. I only said what the acronym stands for and what answer we would accept. BRP or Bombardier.

Reason........ Because many, many out of the 26,000 members still have the emblem on the front of their skis that says, "Bombardier".

So, your free to disagree to anything anyone says. That's why it's a forum. But, the proper answer to the question was, "BRP" or "Bombardier". If you'll notice, that quote from 2003 from the Rotax website is when that purchase took place from Bombardier and subsequently formed BRP-ROTAX...:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just a fun contest, guys. We were looking for any form of BRP or Bombardier.

There are plenty of shirts that are being given out, so you'll have more chances to win.

Hope everyone is ready...new question is being posted now. We will only accept an exact answer for this question. Typos will invalidate the answer.

Dang..missed out...but I would have answered Al Gore! He takes credit for everything!!!:reddevil::rofl::reddevil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back