Did anyone buy the Speedster 150 moulds?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalef10ods

I understand Scarab, Glastron etc are selling Seadoo boats in 2014. However I can only find the larger boat son their websites.

Does any company plan to re make the 150 Speedsters?

If not why on earth not Ii have a 2012, used to have a 1995 and love these things. They always seem popular and to sell well, I know I looked for ages for a new leftover but they were all snapped up pretty quickly from what I can tell.

Anyone know?!

Hi and welcome to the SeaDoo forum. I don't know for sure but I have a strong suspicion the the new Scarab 195 uses the SeaDoo mold. I saw one today at out lake sure looks the same, maybe even a little better, the graphics are really sharp.

Lou

Hi and welcome to the SeaDoo forum. I don't know for sure but I have a strong suspicion the the new Scarab 195 uses the SeaDoo mold. I saw one today at out lake sure looks the same, maybe even a little better, the graphics are really sharp.

Lou

A few months back at the Detroit boat show a scarab rep told me that the new scarabs use the molds that were supposed to replace the challenger 180 and 210. No plans on anything smaller such as the seadoo speedster 150 as of then. I hope that changes as I like the 150 as well

The Scarabs sure look great, if they did the same type of update to the 150 speedster certainly it would sell

Thanks for the welcome, long time reader and greenhulker but only joined recently.

The Scarabs sure look great, if they did the same type of update to the 150 speedster certainly it would sell

Thanks for the welcome, long time reader and greenhulker but only joined recently.

The scarabs foo look awesome. From what I was told at the boat show, its a scarab, chaparral or glastron designed boat with the BRP engines. The only one I got to see in person was the chaparral and it looked awesome.

Scarab has the 150 molds - they posted this pic on their Facebook page in April...they're calling it the Scarab 165...this one appears to be a pre-production test boat (missing rub-rail and no rear-facing seat)
1801170_262438580603508_4452420934983730648_o.jpg

Wow cool that's great news! I better start saving!

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Scarab/1...1_20101111055527523/?ms=boats&showcpo=ShowCPO

Looks like they are changing the seating config too

Unbelievable! Wow that's cool.. Also the Chinese ones are an unbelievable clone...

I'm really glad Scarab is doing this, hopefully it does come out..

If I keep my boat I'm definitely getting that wake tower, will make it look new

Also did you check out the Chinese clones? They even copied the Rotax engines down to the closed loop system..

Last edited by a moderator:
$30k for a 15' boat!!?? Yikes. (not sure how that equates to US dollars and too lazy to look it up)

I too like that rear seats BUT are they legal to ride in or just for anchoring?

Probably closer to $24,999 or even $22,999

I just noticed on the picture there is more seating capacity, if you follow the link and look at the picture looking down, they made the front facing seat a bench... That's cool!

OOPS coolheiser just mentioned that! Lol

HEY!! I found another cheaper Scarab 165 only $28 Canadian, MORE PICTURES!

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Scarab/165+HO/ST-HUBERT/Quebec/5_20321238_20101111055527523/?ms=boats&showcpo=ShowCPO

Look guys, at the end of the day, I'm glad our Speedsters 150's live on, even with the Scarab name, as a matter of fact I'm thinking of upgrading to it if it's at $23k.. Wishful thinking but I can see it at 25k US.. even at 25k I'll consider it, it says 5 person capacity, maybe that will be the new limit..

Well, I couldnt stop and Ive been googling like crazy, but someone at the Wilson Marine Fan Club was playing around with a prototype on the lake, check it out:

scarab165p1.jpg

and

scarab165p2.jpg

scarab165p3.jpg

The SeaDoo Speedster 150's live on!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting the pics! They've really changed the shape in the front...much wider all the way to the bow, unlike the 150 Speedsters narrow pointy bow/overall egg shape. Starting to look a bit like a barge in the front - not nearly as good of a looking boat as the older Speedsters, but I'm sure much more practical. Hopefully they raised the bow height too!

I wonder if it will really be 16'5" or if that's just the marketing name. It'd be so fun to test drive both those boats together!

Thanks for posting the pics! They've really changed the shape in the front...much wider all the way to the bow, unlike the 150 Speedsters narrow pointy bow/overall egg shape. Starting to look a bit like a barge in the front - not nearly as good of a looking boat as the older Speedsters, but I'm sure much more practical. Hopefully they raised the bow height too!

I wonder if it will really be 16'5" or if that's just the marketing name. It'd be so fun to test drive both those boats together!

It's actually 15.9 feet from the brochure, here is a link:

http://www.scarabboats.com/#section-165

I just read that this boat is not made in Mexico, it's made in Cadillac Michigan.. Just to let people know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back