Dess Post Wrench

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
Is there an alternative tool available to remove the DESS post nut.... other than needle nose pliers and the $20.00 socket I see on Ebay? Almost makes me want to make my own.

Am I missing something? Is the ski you are working on have something different that normal? Most people just grab it with pliers, give it a twist... and spin it off by hand. It's all plastic, and doesn't have to be tight.

I'd rather not scratch or damage anything and I'd like to get the post as snug as possible. I found the other day that my loose post caused some issues. I just want to do it the right way. That's how I roll. :)

Instead of needle nose pliers, just try either channel locks or plain pliers and adjust accordingly. It shouldn't be that difficult.

Last edited:
Not about difficult, I am asking about the tool I see on Ebay. That is what I need. I was/am looking for an alternative. I will be doing a lot of these and I don't want to leave "my mark" on each one I do. Using pliers is acceptable to me on my own stuff with no other alternative available. I just want the proper tool and I guess I will be buying the one on Ebay unless I decide to make my own. :)

Either buy the tool or use pliers like the rest of us. Those are your two options.

Third option... make my own cuz I can. LOL For the money though, I'll buy the tool. I like leaving as few marks as possible when I work... and of course... the least amount of blood and skin as well. :)

You can also find smoth jaw pliers in the plumbing section of most home improvement stores. They're used on chrome plumbing fixtures to prevent the marks you're concerned with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back