Decisions Decisions...2004, Utopia 205, opinions needed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stored my Utopia a couple years ago. Life got in the way and i ignored her. My own fault, I know. I went to check on it and the cover has been stolen/removed. All seats destroyed, interior shot to heck. I can't get to the engine, cover latch broke, but I'm sure it will take work (I'm a DIY guy). Question....in your opinion.....Let her go for spare parts? Restore the interior? (seats/cushions are nowhere to be found). It has the tower, what WAS a good running 240. Suggestions on access to an interior? The engine, I'm sure there will be work needed. I'd almost let her go for a couple pennies if it could be used for a good purpose. Worth the time? or will cost override the effort? Appreciate any thoughts on this.

I would suggest check the engine first if it turnover or not and if the compression is still high on >120 PSI on all cylinders, it's worth the money to repair, it just a matter of looking for parts and waiting for shipment parts to arrive at home.

If the motor is strong I would repair the seats. Any Boat that sits for a few years will need some TLC.

Change all the filters and plugs, change out fuel if needed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. I called a couple boat upholstry places....just to replace the seats/all pads....$4000-$6000 in DFW. I'll play with engine this weekend. I may become a seamstress and knock this out.

Thanks for the responses. I called a couple boat upholstry places....just to replace the seats/all pads....$4000-$6000 in DFW. I'll play with engine this weekend. I may become a seamstress and knock this out.

Somewhere on this sight, there is a person that makes a "kit" of upholstery for these boats. Any color, your choice. Patterns were more. Starting at about $600.

Cushions and pads from ebay.

Somewhere on this sight, there is a person that makes a "kit" of upholstery for these boats. Any color, your choice. Patterns were more. Starting at about $600.

Cushions and pads from ebay.
I have found these kits for all the seadoo M2 boats EXCEPT the utopia.
Can you post a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back