Dealer Fees

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimraab

Outside of sales tax and registration what other fees does a dealer attempt to add when purchasing a brand new ski? Are any of those fees avoidable or negotiable?

I have seen different values of FREIGHT and SET UP fees. I have seen some FORCE a 10 hr check on the ski and it will be $295.00 for said service. Which relates to no service in most cases. Some will change the oil, but most really do not do anything at the 10 hr check.

Depends on the dealer but there are all kinds of BS fees they can tack on. Administrative, financing, filing, state etc. I've bought from a power sports dealer once, standing at the machine we negotiated "out the door" cost and when we sat down the number he showed me was way higher than we talked about.

I called about a trailer once that was advertised for 699. The out the door price was $950 wth??

Went to a dealer today and it appears they charge about 1K in additional fees. Admin fee, setup fee, destination fee. If I was in a situation to actually make them an offer I believe they would take another $500 off. I absolutely love the new 2014 Yamaha FX Cruiser HO in white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back