craked block mercury 210 2000

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hanagansny

Looking for a rebuildable block. What happen was the ring gear on the fly wheel worked its way off. when it came off it grab the starter and broke the brakets. Then sent the starter into the side of the block. So now I can see the crankshaft. The crankshaft cover is the part with the hole. I was told they are a match set and they cant be swaped with another one.

Just weld it up.

These engines are very expensive, but very repairable.

Oh... and yes, they are matched sets... but they were so well done... you can generally swap halves, and be fine.

Welding is probably not going to work. You can fit 3 or 4 fingers in the crack. Also the starter brackets have all been broke off. So if I can find a bad block ill just use the crankshaft cover. I was told that I could get a reman for 4000.

The blocks will show up on ebay. But generally, you have to buy a boat with a bad engine to get a good price on the parts. But the 210 will be easier than the 240 since it has the smaller reed cages.

The starter alignment shouldn't be too bad, since the bottom mount holds the starter straight.

Post a pic of the actual damage. I'm sure it can be fixed. here's what I had to work with on my project.....

68.jpg

65.jpg

286.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back