Coolant or nothing to worry about?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsoemann

Just pulled my rxt out to change the oil n prep for the summer. Noticed this red sludge in the bottom of the hull. It was dried up before I gave it a rinse down. I’m pretty meticulous with cleaning it before storage and don’t leave any water laying in the bottom if it’s going to sit. I’m thinking it could be coolant. Haven’t had it out yet to see if there is any issues running Don’t worry or dig deeper? Possibly pressure test? It’s my first jet ski

Attachments

• 1D3C68FF-7E17-484D-A56F-A2EB3B2A9283.jpeg
    1D3C68FF-7E17-484D-A56F-A2EB3B2A9283.jpeg
    986 KB · Views: 15
  • 0C7064CD-D5CA-4A5A-92F9-D2A5869F595B.jpeg
    0C7064CD-D5CA-4A5A-92F9-D2A5869F595B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
Although it has the color of oil, oil wouldn’t really dry up, even if it was mixed with water. Fuel would dry up, but you would still smell it, and I don’t think it would discolor like that. And a coolant leak would be rather obvious, with your coolant overflow bottle likely low, and I don’t know that it would discolor like that and wouldn’t dry out completely either, or at least leave a residue. So you have me stumped. You may have to consider and eliminate all three with some careful observation when you get on the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back