Coolant in bilge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiki Todd

Last week, I let a friend ride the sea doo, which had been doing fine, but it overheated. I checked and ALL of the coolant was in the bilge, and none in the reservoir. Any thoughts on what I should check first? I was thinking about refilling and cranking it up to see if any leaks are apparent, but not sure if that is a wise idea. Thanks for any suggestions.

How about dumping some coolant dye and see where it goes? Some have said that the rideplate which acts as a radiator has hoses going to it and that often leaks

If it is a substantial leak, it will be easy to find if you fill up the coolant and start it up. You can do this without putting it in the water but only for a short time. If you do not see it RIGHT away, then turn it off and use a hose adapter or take it to the ramp and let her run on the trailer...

Did you find out where the leak was? I had the same overheating problem with my ski today with the coolant in the bige. It is a 2005 GTX 155HP 4-Tec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back