Continuous beeping on 1995 Speedster -- NEW boat to us....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charika

I took out boat for first time. Ran it only on one engine. Ran fine for about 2 hours.

Stopped for about an hour. Tried to run it again. Ran both engines. Immediately, a continuous beep (alrarm type sound) started. We tried putting in reverse to see if it had something stuck in it. We have oil and gas.

This is a brand new boat for us. Any suggestions? I think we are going to pull it out of the water to check underneath to make sure nothing is clogged. Only problem is, to get it out of the water - we have to drive it about 1/2 mile to the ramp.

Do you think there is a problem driving it that far - it it IS overheading?

THANKS!!!

The beeper on that model is only for overheating and telling you its in neutral.

Why would you run it on only one motor? I cant see any reason to do that.

The sensors are on the top of the motor. If it beeped right away, like before the motor could have warmed up, its just the sensor. They go bad all the time. I have many in stock if you need one.

If it beeped after 5-10 minutes, I would be checking with your hand which motor it is and going thru the cooling system.

We ran with one engine - because it was new, and we forgot to start 2nd engine :) - then, while driving - could not get 2nd engine to start (that is why).

But, then when we started both engines, the beeping started. We started it this morning - no beeping yet. We checked the back outlets. Water is trickling out of both outlets. How much water should be coming out of them? Thanks for your quick reply!!

I know that your new and it was a mistake, but if for some reason you need to run on only one engine be sure to pinch off the cooling inlet from the pump on the non running engine, you stand a real good chance of hydorlocking the non running engine if you don't, since you were able to get the second engine running you dodged the bullet.

BTW, welcome to the SeaDoo forum. Where in the US are you located?

Lou

Moving this thread to the 2-stroke boat section.

Last edited by a moderator:
The second engine may not have started for a couple I reasons. As Lou mentioned you may have hydro locked it. Remove the spark plugs and crank the engine. I water shoots out the plugs you need to get it started ASAP as it can rust overnight and seize the engine.

Also, the engine requires quality air to start. If you didn't run the bilge motor the air may not have been good enough for the engine to run.

Check for water in the engine NOW a that can be a very costly mistake.

I would assume if you started both motors this morning the motors are fine. I would take it to the lake and check the operating temp with your hand frequently on both motors. They should be hot, but not hot enough that you can barely touch it.

I missed where you did start the second engine. Also agree, as you have started it you should be fine.

We got the boat out of the water. We cant see anything with just eyes. Is there a way to hook up a hose to flush where the water goes through to cool the engine? There was no water really coming out of the four little holes where the step up is....(so, we think the beeping is due to overheating).

Do you have any pictures on how to do this? We see the two "yellow" hoses - do these pop off - are they easy enough to get back on?

Or, where to check for blockage? Thanks!

Charlie & Erika (Charika)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back