Compresiion.test.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ford man

i have a 2000 seadoo gs 718cc that i have dones a compression check on (because ive been having to run it on reseve rather than on to make it go WOT it Would only idle on "on" poisition , the ski has unknown hrs but ive owned it for 4yrs and have put probably 100 hrs on it maybe a lil more. my ? was my results came out to be 125/115 is this bad? i know its had a lean condition im not sure how bad. and i know its certainly not great readings but for a 13 yr old motor ( original) is this okay i know i need and plan to do a fuel delivery system rebuild before goin back to lake carb rebuild,new selector switch,new fuel lines(still have grey ones) and new filters. thanks cody.
NOTE: i know their low readings but im only grounding them to the top end of the motor. ( i am glad their close in #s for ive heard if their NOT within 10% then thats bad .
also was wonering if once i rebuild fuel system could that possibly send more pressure?

It's not going to make any difference in the compression if you rebuild the fuel system.

The only thing that's going to give you better compression is an engine rebuild. Your latest numbers are low so it's time now.

It's not going to help asking the same questions in different threads, you've been told the answer, if you don't like the answers stop asking the questions.

I'm closing this thread because it's a waste of mine and everyone's time.

Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back