Cockpit & tonneau covers vs. Poppy Cover

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgegg

Is it worth purchasing a cover from Poppy (http://www.shop.poppycompany.com/product.sc?productId=81) if you are doing a lot of trailering and storage outside the marina? I'm struggling to justify the cost when the area covered by the Poppy product is not that much more than the standard cover. The one component I dislike is the constant snap on/off to get these things put in/out.

Anyone transitioned to this cover that would recommend given the ~$400 price?

Thanks for any feedback.

I have that cover from a different company. It has the ratchet strap to pull it tight under the gunnle, the cleat opening, and the "Vac-u-hold" system. I got mine for $200 and it's worth every penny. Even at $300, it's worth it. Once it gets to $400... it depends on where you are keeping it. If it's staying outside... it's still worth it. If a cover is hard to put on... you may leave it off. The poppy cover is fast. Even on a big boat like that... it will only take a couple minuets to put on.

Regardless of the price tag... a snap on mooring cover is a total, and complete pain in the butt. Also, in my oppinon... when you go to sell the boat, unless you can give a pristine cover with it... all those snaps detract from the looks of the boat, and it's value goes down. I personally passed on a boat because it had snaps, and no cover.

Please don't take this as a bashing or a flame... it's just my opinion.

My mistake... I guess mine is a poppy cover. (I just looked on their web site) I can say this... it's a very high quality cover.

Check eBay. They sell there, and it may be a little cheaper. (that's where I got mine)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no comparison between the Seadoo cover and the Poppy cover. The Poppy cover is three times the quality!!! If that wasn't good enough Terri from Poppy provides unmatched service and support. If Terri ran BRP I would buy another Seadoo in a heartbeat!

Craig

I have an expensive SeaDoo cover and it is junk. If I left my boat outside, I would buy a Poppy, but since it stays in the garage I just leave it uncovered.

Thanks for the great feedback. Poppy it is. I couldn't agree with you more, I hate the snaps! Wish there was an easy way of removing and getting those holes filled and matched perfectly.

I have the OEM cover and for the winter outside I wrap it with one of the common blue tarps and the snow falls off much easier however we had some strong storms this past winter, I remember seeing your driveway in late Feb Tony and the boat was buried.

Is it worth purchasing a cover from Poppy (http://www.shop.poppycompany.com/product.sc?productId=81) if you are doing a lot of trailering and storage outside the marina? I'm struggling to justify the cost when the area covered by the Poppy product is not that much more than the standard cover. The one component I dislike is the constant snap on/off to get these things put in/out.

Anyone transitioned to this cover that would recommend given the ~$400 price?

Thanks for any feedback.

I am most prefer with Cockpit and tonneau cover than that poppy. For me it looks good. :D

I bought the Poppy cover, and would highly recommend it. Much cheaper than the Seadoo OEM cover and very well made. There was no way I was going to stay with just the Cockpit and tonneau covers that came with my 180 SE. It fits like a glove and is super easy to put on in no time.

Terry treated me very well and turned my order around very quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back