Cleaning the seats? The dark moisture stain

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
for mold spots I just use tilex or other bathroom cleaner. (i've been told its bad for the seams/thread but I never noticed any long term issues, but probably because I haven't needed it much my ski stays indoors)

I have used the dollar store's totally awesome and I think its the same as LA awesome, the $1 squirt bottle, i've used it on pretty much everything except seats and it works great.

if its not some kind of surface stain you might be screwed, do you think its coming from underneath?

Seabrite sells a mildew Remover that works good. Walmart and harbor freight typically stock it.

susanmac,

Do you have a picture?

It is very common on a pwc for mold/mildew to form in the seat foam under the vinyl and cause discoloration.

In this case the only option you have is to recover the seat. The mildew literally attacks the vinyl from the underside and changes the color. Especially the pink/green kind of mold.

That is why it is so important to do what you can to dry out the seat after riding.

Just used Star brite mold and mildew remover. It is excellent. Just spray, wait and wipe. By the third time my seat was looking brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back