Mildew issues on seats and covers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitDan

Looking for a little advice here on if anyone else has experienced mold/mildew spreading in your seats, and how you solved it.

I'm also trying to figure out where the main cause is so I can hopefully stop it from continuing. I'm guessing the cover is keeping moisture in, which is why the underside of the cover now looks like it does in the pics. Based on how these look, does anyone have an idea on how to clean them, or if I just need to purchase new ones?

When they are not garage kept, they sit on hoists in the lake, so my thought is to angle front to back more of an incline so no water builds up in the footwells.

IMG_9471.jpgIMG_9470.jpgIMG_9469.jpgIMG_9468.jpgIMG_9467.jpg

Pretty common, it comes from the inside out. Has something to do with microbes coming off the interior foam and spreading to the cover. Nothing I have found to remove it except a new seat cover. They wrap the foam in plastic to prevent it when replacing the seat cover.

I think the covers are preventing breathing, keeping moisture from being able to escape and dry the seats out. And maybe moisture in the footwells is contributing too. I think you fundamentally want some protection from sun and rain, and maybe some dirt/dust. I don’t know if you could build some kind of sturdy shelter with 2 inch PVC and a tarp roof that would allow you to cover the skis and not use ski covers? I think many people using covers experience some mold growth on their seats - it isn’t unusual. And I don’t think there is a good way to clean these seats to be like new... you can probably clean the covers with a water and bleach blend solution.

Nothing is getting that off. It's from the inside out as mentioned above. Common problem back to 2011 or so with that white especially. BRP would replace it if it was still under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back