Charger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took ski out yesterday. 84 degrees west coast of Florida. Beautiful. Battery seemed sluggish so I hooked up the new tender and checked water level. Level way low, almost 2 pints. My bad. Now it will not get to 80 percent charge after 16 hrs. I have to assume that battery is toast. Any recommendation on replacement for 2011 GTI 130. Thanks

Decka sealed gel. I've had mine 3 years now and not once have I had an issue. The old factory one was dead after about 2

YUP, Auto Zone has coupons out all the time. go to their website and sign up to get the deals.....i saved $30 on an $80 battery....must order online and pick up at your nearest store.

Took ski out yesterday. 84 degrees west coast of Florida. Beautiful. Battery seemed sluggish so I hooked up the new tender and checked water level. Level way low, almost 2 pints. My bad. Now it will not get to 80 percent charge after 16 hrs. I have to assume that battery is toast. Any recommendation on replacement for 2011 GTI 130. Thanks

yes on all posts above, sealed AGM battery, get rid of that cheap acid one you don't want to get stranded 10 miles from the ramp because of a battery, they are pretty reasonable considering how important they are, I've spent anywhere from $70 up to $120, but honestly with regular riding they all have seemed to hold up quite well. I tend to go through ski's a lot and i've never had to replace a battery before I sold the ski and upgraded.

I don't trickle charge, except maybe twice a year if I take 3 weeks off, which is rare, I also have to be bored, already washed & waxed the ski and couldn't find anything else to do in the garage so I plug in the charger just so I feel like i'm doing something.

I noticed you mentioned SW Florida, i'm in the Fort Myers area and ride anywhere from Tampa to Naples, so if that is in your wheelhouse, shoot me a PM, I ride 40-45 weekends a year and i'm always looking for new places and new faces to ride with.

This weekend we're doing Boca on Saturday from Pine Island (3 ski's confirmed) and hopefully doing Marco Island on Sunday (6 ski's confirmed but our "guide" might have to return to Miami which will screw things up)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Been on vaca. I am from New Port Richey and usual ride is Anclotend Three Rooker Island. I did put Deka AGM Battery in and things are fine. I was out yesterday and water was flat. Nothin like living in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back