Changing jet pump oil on a 210 Challenger...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gb387

Has anyone here changed their jet pump oil? We have had our boat 2 years and never touched it and I doubt the original owner did anything. In my years of owning several Sea Doos I have never once changed the pump oil, I'm wondering if I'm pushing my luck? Thoughts? Looks rather easy, seems the most time consuming is removal of the reverse bucket.

Are you referring to the grease behind the cone on the end of the pump? If so, yes, I am familiar with doing this as I've done it before. There's a thread on it here somewhere.

Yes, the grease/oil in the cone. I have watched a couple videos on and some show oil and some show grease.

Is this something that needs to be done yearly or how often? Sorry new to the jet boat scene so I'm trying to see what I have to do to it

Is this something that needs to be done yearly or how often? Sorry new to the jet boat scene so I'm trying to see what I have to do to it

First you need to remove the cone to see how the current grease looks. If there's water in there, then you definitely need to change it and maybe inspect your pump bearings for rust or corrosion.

You should inspect it yearly to make sure everything is still sealed properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back