Changed my mind on installing audio. Need a water-resistant boombox.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
What kind of portable music is out there? Something waterproof or water resistant. I promise not to submerge it :biggrinjester:

Just need something that runs off batteries and just loud enough we can listen to ipod while hanging around off the swim platform. Maybe while fishing. Just loud enough that we can crank it up and maybe us and another boat can hear it, not so loud as to wake up the lake or bother others parked near the beach.

I decided against cutting up the boat and wiring in an amp. I may let the pros install one this next off season, if we don't start shopping for another boat with sound pre-installed.

I was just looking online at the jobsite boomboxes. Looks perfect. They make smaller ones to keep out off the way until ready to use.

looks like it will be the small dewalt unit. I checked around and that seems to be the smallest with the features I need.

Besides, I have been shopping around for a replacement for my garage stereo, so two birds with one stone.

Just leave ipod/cell phone in center console of boat and run an aux wire to the stereo.

As far as pictures...

167794_lg.jpg

Back