Challenger 4-cycle swap

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

vilord

I saw some other posts before, but no resolutions that I could see...

Has anyone figured out a way to hack a 4-cycle engine into a '97 or similar challenger with a single 787 rotax? 2-cycle is becoming illegal soon in our lake.

Thanks all!

I don't think it would be worth it because of the high price of the 4tec engines. You would have to start from the ground up I'd imagine because the 787 has nothing in common with the 4tecs except that they're both made by rotax lol. Good luck

Now that would be a project... I think that the expense would be over whelming by the time you got done...sell it and just buy newer. It might be more fun running a newer version than spending all your free time in the hull of a old jet boat.

Karl

All, I completely agree. While I'm having fun getting the boat seaworthy again, I think once I am ready for 4-cycle, I'll be ready for an 18 or 20 footer anyways.

The 787 engine runs great now, but the exhaust gasket worked as well as if I had drilled a hole through the hull :(

New parts ordered from the link on this forum, hopefully it'll be in the water by next weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back