Challenger 1800 V6 with Oil Injection Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mw3designs

I am looking at a Challenger 1800 with the V6 Merc. Seller says they removed the oil injection after it failed and they had to rebuild the motor. He says it is now pre-mix. I know the mechanical oil injection systems were prone to failure. Wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on pre-mix, and how do I know the conversion to premix was done properly on the motor, does converting to premix effect anything?

Pre-mix on a PWC is fine... but Premix on a 40 gallon fuel tank is impossible to do correctly. Back in the day, when EVERYONE had 2-stroke... you could buy 40:1 at the dock.

I don't have a problem with the injection. There is a new gear and it's a better design.

The real reason it fails is because people overheat the engine, and keep running it. Basically, the shaft bushing swells... and that stalls the pump shaft... and in turn... eats the plastic gear.

I am looking at a Challenger 1800 with the V6 Merc. Seller says they removed the oil injection after it failed and they had to rebuild the motor. He says it is now pre-mix. I know the mechanical oil injection systems were prone to failure. Wondering what everyone’s thoughts are on pre-mix, and how do I know the conversion to premix was done properly on the motor, does converting to premix effect anything?

I removed mine in a 2001 Seadoo Utopia with a 2001 210 carb M2. Best decision of my life. I never worry about oil. Mixing premix is super easy. I just bought a five gallon can I put in 5 gallons worth of oil ( you can buy a simple Atwood container to measure out the oil and a funnel I keep mine in a plastic container in the back of my car) 5 gallons of gas and I bought a cheap electric pump to move the fuel from the can into the tank it's really really easy if I'm on the lake a long time and I know I've burned half a tank I'll put in 10 or 15 gallons instead of three cans worth of work. it's super super easy and you never worry about oil again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back