challenger 180 impeller, 215hp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

davedodson

hi, well we just destroyed our first impeller today. had just launched and somehow managed to suck up a inch and a half size stone which is now firmly wedged in the impeller. luckily we still had enough drive in tickover to get the boat back on the trailer.

having no idea what to do to remove the impeller we started undoing bolts. it wasn't easy as all the bolts were very tight with corrosion but it is doable with no experience.

we disconnected the steering and gear selector and then undid the 4 long bolts which were a nightmare to undo and we'll need 4 new ones to put it back together. once we got the bucket assembly removed we undid 4 bolts that secure the impeller housing. the plastic sleeve (i dont know the proper names for any of the parts) that the impeller sits in is quite badly gouged from the stone and the intake side of the impeller has each blade chipped.

thats as far as we have got, we obviously need a new impeller but am open to recommendations to which sort and would appreciate any advice on what to do from here. i didn't take any photos as we were taking it apart but i will as we put it back together and i'll post them here for others.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back