Challenger 180 215 or 255??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

KK40384

Premium Member
Premium Member
Looking to buy a Challenger 180 for next season. Do I want a 255 or will I be just as happy with a 215?? I'm looking at a new boat since the used market is slim and prices are only within a couple of thousand from new.

Looking to buy a Challenger 180 for next season. Do I want a 255 or will I be just as happy with a 215?? I'm looking at a new boat since the used market is slim and prices are only within a couple of thousand from new.

Go the 255 if you can afford it. Regardless of the hp make sure you get a SE model which includes lots of finishing touches that ou won't get on the 215 hp base model.

Good to know since I was looking at the base model and not the SE. I'll have to see what the price difference is

Please please please don't get the base model. You literally have empty holes in the dash where depth gauges and stereo remotes sit in the SE model. You also don't get the bow filler cushion and you don't get pull out cleats. There is also no cockpit or bow covers and no carpet. I'm Sure thers lots of other stuff I've missed too.

SE model is the best...I got 215 and with 5 adults, I still get 39_40mph....it serves my purpose since we cruise most of the time.

But if you can find 255HP then go for it..

40 mph is good enough for what I plan on using for. If I wanna go fast I have my RXT. I would like the 255 but I think I can live with the 215. If I can find one used at the right price it wont be a deal breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back