Ceramic washer replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pindone

I recommend using PWC Muscles supercharger rebuild service to replace the washers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Just pulled the supercharger off my speedster to get the ceramic washers changed to metal. It has only done 10 hrs. WHen I take it to the shop to get done, do they only need to change the washers or are there other things to get changed? I don't want a full rebuild as it has such low hours on it.
Thanks

C'mon, man. A little more info is required. How old is it?...has it been sitting for years w/o running?...does it run?...history man...history is important.

With 10 hours on the whole charger you will get by with just changing the clutch washers. As you get closer to 50-100+ hrs you'll need to check/change the gear, shaft, bearings etc. Basically a full rebuild kit.

Hi,
Just pulled the supercharger off my speedster to get the ceramic washers changed to metal. It has only done 10 hrs. WHen I take it to the shop to get done, do they only need to change the washers or are there other things to get changed? I don't want a full rebuild as it has such low hours on it.
Thanks

ATTENTION 2004-2007 SEA-DOO RXP, RXT, GTX and 215 WAKE OWNERS: Sea-Doo (BRP) has agreed to a proposed class action settlement covering the ceramic washer problem with 2004-2007 4-Tec Series supercharged watercraft. Owners who purchased these boats in CA can submit claims for reimbursement of costs associated with washer failures and for costs incurred to replace the ceramic washers. Also, BRP is extending warranty coverage on washer failure. Here is the link to the settlement website, which includes details and a claim form:

http://www.ceramicwashersettlement.com/

The settlement covers only 4-Tec Series Sea-Doos purchased in California. BRP chose not to include all affected boats nationwide. If you purchased one of the models in another state, I suggest you voice your complaint to Sea-Doo at the following address: http://www.sea-doo.com/about-us/contact-us.aspx
Or call them at: 715-848-4957
Encourage others to demand similar treatment for ALL of its loyal customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back