Carbon seal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulcandar

I need to replace the carbon seal on my 2004 seadoo gti. My question is do I need to remove the drive shaft and pump assembly from the rear ?

Yep, gotta drop the pump. But before that you need to pull back on the stainless hat that runs against the carbon seal to expose the c clip that you need to pop off. Once that is done you can then drop the pump.

Yep, gotta drop the pump. But before that you need to pull back on the stainless hat that runs against the carbon seal to expose the c clip that you need to pop off. Once that is done you can then drop the pump.

When I take the screws out in the back at the pump will the driveshaft slide out with that

When I take the screws out in the back at the pump will the driveshaft slide out with that

Yes but get that c-clip off the stainless hat first. On mine i couldn't push back on the carbon seal without the pump backstopping the driveshaft.

Once you remove that c-clip and remove the pump the driveshaft will just slide out.

Yes but get that c-clip off the stainless hat first. On mine i couldn't push back on the carbon seal without the pump backstopping the driveshaft.

Once you remove that c-clip and remove the pump the driveshaft will just slide out.

Thank you so much for the information I’ve never done this before I’ve only owned the JetSki for one year so I appreciate all your help .

Thank you so much for the information I’ve never done this before I’ve only owned the JetSki for one year so I appreciate all your help .

Just wanted to let you know I replaced the carbon seal and the Jetski still leaks water. I didn’t replace the pump trim seal at the back of the unit.
Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back