Cant Removed Pump Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo32

Hello all and thanx in advance
I owned a 2010 gtx 155 and i was trying to removed my pump to check impeller , Grease cone and some other maintenance .
My problem is wnen i get to the part of removing the IBR bucket the 2 long bolts with the sleeves one on each side, They r just keep on spinning and wont come out...Does anybody has any technique or trick on how to pull this out...Thank you in advance love this forum.

Hello all and thanx in advance
I owned a 2010 gtx 155 and i was trying to removed my pump to check impeller , Grease cone and some other maintenance .
My problem is wnen i get to the part of removing the IBR bucket the 2 long bolts with the sleeves one on each side, They r just keep on spinning and wont come out...Does anybody has any technique or trick on how to pull this out...Thank you in advance love this forum.

One of two scenarios,

Does the bolt feel like it loosened and came out of the outer support plate nut and now the bolt is stuck inside the sleeve. So the sleeve is turning when you turn the bolt?

It feels like its still stuck in the outer support tha plate next the ibr motor, it just turn and turns..... thanks

It feels like its still stuck in the outer support tha plate next the ibr motor, it just turn and turns..... thanks

That’s the second scenario which is not so good news. There is a left and right fixing plate that holds the nuts to your bolts that are turning in the fixing plate. Both left and right fixing plates need to be replaced.

Get yourself a service manual.

Good news the plates are not that expensive, bad news there is quite a bit of labor involved and also not sure on the process to get the spinning nuts off the bolts other than to gain access to the outer plates and find someway to hold the nuts.

Well i know the right side if i stand behind the jet ski ..wont be too bad to get to it i believe i just need to removed the battery wich is easy ...but left side i may have to remove the IBR motor wich to me looks like a PIA....Thanks a million for all your help

Tips: for DIY

1. Service manual is a must. IBR Actuator/motor is expensive.

2. Good time to replace your plastic bushings and friction sleeves.

3. Order new bolts where specified and torque to specs unless you want the same thing to happen again.

4. Take your time and make sure the IBR gate is installed correctly before powering up your ski or you could mess up your IBR motor / actuator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back