Can I re-install oil pump w/o removing engine??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CReynoldsMIZ

Was thinking of putting my oil pump back on my ski. Is it possible to do so without pulling the engine to open up the mag housing? Im convinced premix is the "safer" way to run the engine...but freakin 2 stroke oil prices are outrageous and was just thinking this over...any ideas? How hard would that oil pump shaft be to put on in the hull?

Gotta pay to play. What are you mixing at? Never seemed too bad when I was mixing over rich. The gear on mine was driven off something inside the mag case. After opening the mag, Im not quite sure what, mainly because I didnt pay attention to it. Id rather know that if my machine isnt getting gas, its not getting oil either. But it will also be OFF.

It could be done. Just make sure you get the pump back in the drive shaft correctly. Also you will need to be able to hold the engine up somehow because you will have to remove the front motor mount. I just hooked a come along to the rafters of the garage I was working in and then hooked the chain to the motor.
If you need a oil pump lmk. I have a very nice used one for sale with the cable, driveshaft, and mounting bolts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back