Buying in USA

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

f4xi

Wondering if anyone could tell me where seadoo's pwc are made? Thinking of buying a used one across the border, and was wondering if they were North American made as I would save on duty.

Appreciate any help.

no duty on boats. You will have to pay GST and if you are entering into your province you will also have to pay the PST. You don't have to let U.S. customs know about the boat as they don't recognize it as a "self propelled vehicle". If you are bought a trailer with it you will need to pay $209 to RIV and have it inspected at a Canadian Tire store in order to register it in Canada. Make sure if you are bringing back a boat and trailer that you have 2 receipts, one for each and titles for both.
Just did the trip 3 weeks ago.

:agree:
It happened exactly like that for me 2 weeks ago.
I purchased a boat online from Florida brought it back and yes make sure you have a receipt for each(boat and trailer)
I am just waiting for my paperwork so I can register my boat and get the trailer inspected.
Good luck there are some good deals down there :)

Wondering if anyone could tell me where seadoo's pwc are made? Thinking of buying a used one across the border, and was wondering if they were North American made as I would save on duty.

Appreciate any help.

You do realize BRP/Bombardier is a Canadian company from Quebec? They're made here! Thats part of the reason by BRPs are considered an affordable Canadian purchase.
BRP realizes their is less margin in duties and probably strives to stretch their profits, however their money is put back into development of their products.

Made in Canada

I used to think that because my SPX had a sticker Made in Canada,but my 98 Speedster says made in USA.

Someone mentioned once before that I was talking about this with that you can call your trailer home made? If you go that route do you still have to pay all that when you register a home made trailer?

:agree:
It happened exactly like that for me 2 weeks ago.
I purchased a boat online from Florida brought it back and yes make sure you have a receipt for each(boat and trailer)
I am just waiting for my paperwork so I can register my boat and get the trailer inspected.
Good luck there are some good deals down there :)

When you paid the GST and PST at the border did you have to pay it again when you registered the boat at Service Canada or the trailer at the License burrow?

It's free to register your boat! You need sales reciet or title though.

BRP was a Canadian company but sold to the us in 2004 secret squirl shit

Yeah, BRP is still a Canadian company. The Bombardier family with 2 other partners (one being a US investment firm and the other is a Quebec institutional fund manager) incorporated a new company called BRP. Then in December of 2003 BRP purchased Bombardier Inc.'s recreational products business. Other than Quebec, BRP has factories in Wisconsin, Illinois and North Carolina.

Chester

Back