Buying a Seadoo Utopia 185

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armando

Hello,

I'm maby thinking off buying a Seadoo Utopia 185 (from 2001)
Motor: 210 mercury Sportjet

Can anybody give me some feedback off this type of boat, i have no experience with this boat. The engine has been renewed 20 boat hours ago.

Sorry for my English i am not from the U.S.

Thanks

I have a 2001 Utopia with a 200 optimax sport jet. Bought mine new and had no problems till last year. The boat itself is nice to drive and handles great. Can't tell you much about that motor though. With the V hull it corners nice. My wife complains I pull the back of the boat when I ski and get out beside the boat. I solved that problem by getting my son to drive.

Thanks,

I have done some searching, and allmost every boatcenter advised me not to buy. Because the mercury must be a really problem jet. New part are very expensive.

The boat is nice but you are right- can be expensive. I guess it comes down to how much is the starting price? I bought mine for $1500 not running- took a chance on it. Put $1500 in parts [ECM, mostly electrical] and it has been great. So for $3K I have a $8K boat! Would I buy one for $8K now? Probably not, I would look a at a jetdrive but probably not the Seadoo/Merc combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back