Burt Munroe Lives !!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlakHok

How 'bout that !!! This guy mounted a 140 hp outboard on his 1998 Challenger. Nice looking mod. innovative and well executed. America needs more of these guys.......goto ebay and search: 1998 sea doo challenger 1800 :driving:

I'd like to Sea what it Doo with an E-Tech instead of that KIA hanging off the back. This is the solution to weedy areas for these boats. I know stock appeals to most of us but this as an aftermarket product would keep more older Doos on the water. He also states rated for225 hp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh...I own a seadoo because it has a Jet... It kinda defeat the purpose of a Jet Boat....I hate outboards after owning tons and now a Jet boat...

Just my personal opinion... :)

Karl

Just me thots.

Wouldn't that move the CG to the aft too much? I mean, the HULL is designed to have the CG be where it would be, in stock configuration (Closer to the front?).

Wouldn't that be under powered, with the SMALLER motor, even though it does not have the LOSS of power associated with the JET, (ie, a direct propeller is more efficient, less friction...)

So, just out of curiosity, HOW DOES SHE RUN?

I know, none of us know... cause it is not our boat, but something like this begs more questions, and I take the bait easily!

:)

Thanks for sharing the pic.

And, that leads to another question. If the newest 4 tech motors from Sea doo are so good, why not buy a nice new 4-tech and install it? (I know, they want to sell a whole boat...) But, it'd be nice to be able to buy a complete motor, at a good price, and retrofit it into the older models.

Thanks for listening, to the ramblins of a disoriented, old world thinker!
:)

Nate

Nate ive though about doing a swap on and old 1999 speedster and droping in two 215hp motors, if anyones going to do a swap they should use my idea:cheers:

It might work, but excuse my French, it is UGLY AS HELL!!!

If you are going to do that, why not just get a different boat...maybe an OUTBOARD!

I have thought of putting a different engine in my Challenger, but I always intended for it to be a jet(possibly modified with a 5.0 Ford, or maybe a Wankel rotary).

:patriot:I knew this would get this type of reaction.If you look at the engineering,quality of work(appears to be),and the shear creativity, this is genius.Oh that poor SeaDoo got hacked (wah) no one shed a tear as Boyd Coddington hacked American gems into nearly unrecognizable hot rods.No they payed double what it was worth in original cond..God forbid(can I say that?)something other than a stock Rotax jet lay beneath her hatch.Seadoo may dump Rotax tommorrow and we can all sit around screaming the sky is falling when they dump some Chinese mouse motor in there.Sorry I wont be dancing around the red flag saying its the best! It's not,especially in stock form,sorry.OK enough sarcasm, the point is thinking outside the box leads to better things,maybe not at first, yes it may begin as ugly,strange or no useful purpose but then as the tinkerers tweak it, well it may become something like your typing on right now ?........Has anyone seen 'The Worlds Fastest Indian' ? Man cannot discover new lands until he's lost sight of the shore.

Thinking outside the box?.....

I think BRP thought outside the box to invent the Seadoo Jet boat. Correct me if I'm wrong but the outboard engine has already been invented and used in as many hull configurations as possible, even the Seadoo type hulls.....so I think in this pix and your reply it should be a question as to, "why would we want to regress from higher technology to one of lower technology"?; rather than a proposition of "thinking outside the box".....

Just my biased opinion after owning both inboard/outboard, outboard and jet type propulsion systems.........:cheers:

Oh, BTW, Rotax and BRP integrated 35 years ago, so I doubt there will be any change to the manafacturers of the Seadoo engine systems anytime in the future.

:patriot:I knew this would get this type of reaction.If you look at the engineering,quality of work(appears to be),and the shear creativity, this is genius.Oh that poor SeaDoo got hacked (wah) no one shed a tear as Boyd Coddington hacked American gems into nearly unrecognizable hot rods.No they payed double what it was worth in original cond..God forbid(can I say that?)something other than a stock Rotax jet lay beneath her hatch.Seadoo may dump Rotax tommorrow and we can all sit around screaming the sky is falling when they dump some Chinese mouse motor in there.Sorry I wont be dancing around the red flag saying its the best! It's not,especially in stock form,sorry.OK enough sarcasm, the point is thinking outside the box leads to better things,maybe not at first, yes it may begin as ugly,strange or no useful purpose but then as the tinkerers tweak it, well it may become something like your typing on right now ?........Has anyone seen 'The Worlds Fastest Indian' ? Man cannot discover new lands until he's lost sight of the shore.

How can you say putting an outboat on a boat is thinking outside the box??? also whats the point in this post??? your first post you never even posted a link to it. so sorry puting an outboard on a seadoo boat really does defeat the purpose of owning a jet boat. If you want a crappy outboard boat go buy a Bayliner.......Also i dont like boyd all he did was order parts from a catalog and build a car then sell it for a 1000 times more then what its worth not to mention he was an ***. witch would be why all his workers left and are now working with foose. OH and also Boyd is dead literaly.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back