Broke carb tee fitting on 951

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim

Reviewed the threads but didn't see any solutions. I broke the tee fitting on the carb pump housing. any work arounds instead of buying the whole pump block

here is a picture of it.
CARB TEE BROKE SEA DOO.jpg

I drilled and tapped mine. Can get you pictures later this week/weekend. Tapped to 1/8" pipe, then small threaded pipe adapter to all female T. Then 2 1/8" pipe to 1/4" barb fittings.

The barb fittings were hardest to find, lucky I found them at oreilys weirdly enough. And finding an 1/8" pipe tap is tricky local, I had a tool shop that had one.

I had to do the same thing for the pulse line, as I broke that when pushing in the needle seat. Stupid stupid stupid. .

But that plastic T sucks, its a terrible and fragile design. It can be fixed. Very easily too.

You can get an old set of carbs on ebay for $150, rebuild those and keep your old tore up carbs for parts. Honestly. Or, brand new form Mikuni

I drilled and tapped mine. Can get you pictures later this week/weekend. Tapped to 1/8" pipe, then small threaded pipe adapter to all female T. Then 2 1/8" pipe to 1/4" barb fittings.

The barb fittings were hardest to find, lucky I found them at oreilys weirdly enough. And finding an 1/8" pipe tap is tricky local, I had a tool shop that had one.

I had to do the same thing for the pulse line, as I broke that when pushing in the needle seat. Stupid stupid stupid. .

But that plastic T sucks, its a terrible and fragile design. It can be fixed. Very easily too.
Please do, I might do this, I got the time and the skill.

Any tricks on getting the old plastic tee out of the housing? Don't want to make things worse.
So the plastic part of the T is bonded to brass.

it will pry or twist off. Also you should note as to not potentially change the dynamics of the carb I only drilled as far as the brass went. Then stopped. This way technically that orifice is the same size.

also it’s very soft aluminum. So, get a nice tool steel tap. Not a carbon. And use one drill bit size smaller than the recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back