951 Carb accelerator pump delete

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

NCGator25

I posted about this on Saturday, but looking for some help on eliminating the accelerator pump on my 951 carb. The check valve broke.

I want to keep things as stock as possible for now. From my reading, it appears I'd only need to replace the pilot/low speed jet, and put in a size 85 instead. I can leave the high speed jet alone.

I'm primarily looking for reliability. I don't want to be tinkering with it every weekend!

Can someone confirm that replacing the low speed/pilot is the only thing I'd need to do?

20230513_101909.jpg

Attachments

• 20230513_101909.jpg
    20230513_101909.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 3
I've neve done it but I was told to go up 5 on the low speed jet. you shouldn't have to tinker with the ski at all after you make the change. Perhaps some ajustement to the "low speed" adjuster give a crips throttle response and prevent the engine from loading up when idling for long periods. I'd do some searches on this forum for a little more info

My 951 is running open flame arrestors with 95 lows and 165 highs. 2.0NS with a 20psi pop off. Runs great, got the specs off Matt B here

Last edited:
From my research, I ordered size 85 and 90 low speed jets with the new plate for the pto carb. I'll give those a try, and hope it works well. I'll report back once I figure out a solution that works.

Most of what I've found on the subject is for those that are removing the oem air box, but I want to try to keep it for now. I'll also keep the high speed jets and 2.0 needles. I'll block off the existing ports as well. I don't want to install a primer yet, and would prefer to keep the choke for potential runaway situations.

I replaced the low speed jet with a size 90 jet, removed the accelerator pump (bought a new carb plate). Everything else remained stock. I'm still breaking in the engine, so I put in 10 gallons of pre-mixed fuel, but it ran well yesterday and today.

I started at 1.5 turns out on the low speed screw, but it seemed to run a little rich. The plugs were a little wet too, so I turned it in 1/8, and it runs better. Plugs dry and better color too.

I kind of wish I'd done this sooner. Throttle response seems better than before.

I just put in another 10 gallons without any oil, and changed the plugs, but I didn't have a lot of time to ride today.

I replaced the low speed jet with a size 90 jet, removed the accelerator pump (bought a new carb plate). Everything else remained stock. I'm still breaking in the engine, so I put in 10 gallons of pre-mixed fuel, but it ran well yesterday and today.

I started at 1.5 turns out on the low speed screw, but it seemed to run a little rich. The plugs were a little wet too, so I turned it in 1/8, and it runs better. Plugs dry and better color too.

I kind of wish I'd done this sooner. Throttle response seems better than before.

I just put in another 10 gallons without any oil, and changed the plugs, but I didn't have a lot of time to ride today.
I'm thinking of doing this too. Did you keep the 95 in? Where did you end up landing with this?

What is your altitude?

Back