Break In a 2006 RXP Supercharged

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

warthogwon

I have a friend with a 2006 (I believe) RXP supercharged. It only has 20 hours on it and has been sitting in the garage for 6+ years covered and preserved. What should we be doing to make sure it's ready for the water? With only 20 hours, it's not even through it's break-in period. Suggestions welcome! I'm not familiar with the 4-stroke motors, but I've wrenched on my 2-stroke 787s in my Challenger 1800.

Welcome to the 4 stroke section.

There is a ten hour breakin period only.

1. Change the oil and filter. Oil will have broke down. Use seadoo oil for Superchargers.

2. Change the coolant.

3. Drain the fuel a replace with fresh highest octane you can find. Add a little SeaFoam fuel additive.

4. Replace the spark plugs. Supercharged engines go through spark plugs. Carry spares.

Follow operator manual. Do not run engine out of water, but for a few seconds. Flush with fresh water: engine on then water on, then water off then engine off. Do not tow. Read manual.

Oh, yes.
Think about replacing the Supercharger real soon. Ceramic washer shatter issue. Needs to be metal. I bought newer replacement, but you can get the old one rebuilt. I recommend buying the newer one. $800 or so. It is beefed up and is from factory.

is this the 215 or the 255 model?

The 215's are pretty cheap now,,, $300 in the box. Nobody wants them, they all want the X.
I have a friend that has 5 of them wanted $300 each but I took a pass, I can get the same price or better in the open market.

not sure if a rebuild real soon is a good idea, unless "real soon" means "before your first ride"

IMO it should be done immediately.

I have a friend with a 2006 (I believe) RXP supercharged. It only has 20 hours on it and has been sitting in the garage for 6+ years covered and preserved. What should we be doing to make sure it's ready for the water? With only 20 hours, it's not even through it's break-in period. Suggestions welcome! I'm not familiar with the 4-stroke motors, but I've wrenched on my 2-stroke 787s in my Challenger 1800.

Unfortunately, even with the low hours the SC needs rebuild if it hasn't been rebuilt before. We have a service through PWCMuscle.com. You can check it out here:

[video=youtube;6vu_hMCf-iM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vu_hMCf-iM[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back