Bimini--BB Upholstery ROCKS!!! Great service for the Houston area.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

scooper77515

freebie fixer
Premium Member
Found him by word of mouth from local dealers. I asked for a pretty intricate setup. I have a fold-down wake tower, and wanted to be able to extend the front portion to cover me and the wife, and a second portion off the rear that covers rear passengers, but wanted to be able to use the the front portion alone, being able to keep the rear up and out of the way while wake boarding (no rope interference). He quoted me $1100, which I thought was a bit steep, but with all the extras I am asking for, probably not. Was to be finished today.

Well, he called me at 3:00 and said it was NOT going to be finished today, but if I was wanting to take it out this weekend, I could come and get it at 5:00. AND the front half of the bimini top was finished and I could bring it home with the boat to use over the weekend.

Drove over to Tomball, picked up the boat, and the top, though not completely finished (no adjustable strap clips and no travel boot) looked much better than I anticipated. He had changed our agreed design up a little to use less pole, provide more coverage, and higher head room, and also the rear half can be taken off completely, or used folded up. So he took it off the boat (took 2 or 3 minutes) and put it in the back seat of my truck and he says, "Don't decide you like just the front half and stiff me my payment!" I said "you going to let me take it home without paying?" "Sure, but if you decide to not want the back half, please come back and pay for the front half. And be back early monday with the boat so I can put it back in the workshop and finish the rear half."

THAT is the kinda service I like!!! :cool:

Highly recommended!

I took pics yesterday on the lake, then left the camera in the boat. Plan on taking it out again today, and hope to remember the camera...

It held up just fine even at full throttle 50 mph (GPS). And PLENTY of coverage and head room.

The only thing we don't like is the straps that hold the front down are mounted to the hull in front of the windshield. They are LONG straps, nearly 6' long.

That was my fault, I asked him to use any existing holes and mounts, so he did. I will tell him to go ahead and affix an anchor point half-way down my front wake tower pole so we can hook the strap there, and keep it under 3'.

It got "hi-speed wobbles" when the wind hit it. Way too much surface area on a 6' chunk of strap.

Anyway, that is another benefit of being able to bring it home before it is completed. We can work out bugs and suggest fixes before I bring it home for good.

Went out again today. AWESOME day! We are under a hurricane (Hurricane Karl. Karl? You still lurking around here?). Anyway, overcast so no sunburn. Wind would pick up with hurricane bands, and once we got a little "drizzle", not enough to wet us, but we got the occasional drop on our sunglasses. Then every 30 mins, it would go calm, and GREAT wakeboarding!!!

Got the camera off and have a pic to post up now. Sorry to make you wait!:reddevil:

Again, not liking the front strap location. Going to suggest to have them mount about halfway down on that front waketower pole.

180.jpg

I think if he is comfy mounting the strap hook just above that mirror and on both sides, we will be happy, and no more hi-speed wobbles.

Not sure about the back strap. I assume he will hook it up way back there somewhere.

Not really an issue. most of the time, it will be just the two of us and we will leave the back half at home or in the boat storage unit. It will interfere with the wakeboard rope if extended, and the speakers if pulled in. So unless we have passengers (rarely), it will stay home.

Finally got pictures of the entire thing done.

Made a suggestion to have the front straps mounted halfway up the wake tower, and after a short discussion, he agreed to try it.

The rear half can be left home, or used folded up (needs to be folded up to wakeboard, or rope will rub over the rear pole). When folded up, it stays clear of the rear speakers so sound isn't obstructed.

Still goes 48mph (gps) with 3 adults in boat, and full top extended :cool: and gets there quickly.

267.jpg

I think I like it better without the back section.

I do too. It is only going to be used when we have others riding with us. Otherwise, that back hatch is for sunbathing and wakeboarding, both of which do NOT require cover.

I think most of the time we will just leave the rear half at the boat storage unit.

My wife is irish red-head, white girl. She decided after the first trip that she wasn't going out again until we had a top.

So I had no choice and into the shop for a week and a half...

It was worth it. It really is a nice setup, and I like the option of being able to leave half of it home (or in the truck) if we aren't going to use it. I guess, technically, we could lay it back on the engine bay like we did the one on our challenger...

Housten area

I am from oz.I wan't to say what a top place you guys have.I was in Galveston in '92 I think,And what a great time we had.
We where there for the Red Adair Offshore race Classic.
The people in Houston and Galveston where some of the nicest I have ever met..A guy called Bill Westberry(he ran a boat called Spirit of Houston)showed us the town.We were the guests at a club in Houston,where we had to judge the winner of a honey,body rolling contest for ladies in bikinis.The body with the most money on it,won the whole radio contest thing.:drool5:It was a good job
We later went back to Red Adairs place in Galveston for a few more quiet beers.
It was one of the best times I have ever had.
So with fond memories,I thank you guys from Texas,very,very much.Crisso

Just like anywhere else, if you come to Texas or Houston, you may meet some good people, or you may meet up with some jerks.

Sounds like you found a few good guys to hang with.

Glad you enjoyed your stay :cheers:

blah, blah....we had to judge the winner of a honey, body rolling contest for ladies in bikinis. The body with the most money on it, won the whole radio contest thing.:drool5:It was a good job...blah blah.

Didn't happen without pics.

Houston Thing

I am very suprised by your response to what I posted guys.It's a bit hard to make up a story like that.We were treated so well by all the locals.It was the 1st time an Aussie boat had been there and we got recieved with fantastic hospitality.I still stand by what I posted earlier.What great people.
Crisso
(he had 7 boats in his boatshed,from a small centre console to his 90 footer and Bill Westberry(Spirit of Housten)had his major sponsors there also.Hooters.Red Adair was one of the most down to earth people I had the pleasure to meet.In the race.We got 3rd in our class.Our boat was called Team Australia.
Anyway.Blah blah blah.We really had a great time in your city
Thanks

I am very suprised by your response to what I posted guys.It's a bit hard to make up a story like that.We were treated so well by all the locals.It was the 1st time an Aussie boat had been there and we got recieved with fantastic hospitality.I still stand by what I posted earlier.What great people.
Crisso
(he had 7 boats in his boatshed,from a small centre console to his 90 footer and Bill Westberry(Spirit of Housten)had his major sponsors there also.Hooters.Red Adair was one of the most down to earth people I had the pleasure to meet.In the race.We got 3rd in our class.Our boat was called Team Australia.
Thanks

Crisso....we just want to see some picutres is all!:drool5:

hey crisso, all in good fun, eh? me thinks that should be turned into a reality TV show.

i was just kidding anyways. well sorta.

Crisso
Thanks

Yeah you are misunderstanding us. Here in our little crazy world, when we say it didnt happen without pics...thats just our way of saying we need to see it.....preferably the scantly clad ladies.

Galverston/Houston

Only pic I pic. can find is we were on the front page of "The Galverston News".25th September 1993.The nightclub Honey girls was I think 2 days earlier.That was in Houston.Don't know the name of the club.(Remember it though.)
Anyway.All good guys.Sounds like you guys have a pretty good time over there.Great to see.
I live on The Gold Coast,Queensland Australia.We used to have a big Indy car race here each year but they folded.it got replaced by V8 Supercars.It's a pretty good 3 days.About 200 000 people.The track is through the city beside the ocean.Lots of hi rise building with balconies.Girls get a chance to flash the breasticles.good fun.
Be Good
Crisso

Back