Bilge Wiring Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnz

Our 05 came with a rule 3 wire auto bilge pump, but the switch recently stuck open and cause the pump to fry. I have a johnson pump with external float, but this only has 2 wires. Can anyone offer advice on how to hook the 3 wire set up into the 2? I know the extra wire is for the manual override.

Not knowing which Johnson pump you have hard to say, but if it came with an external float I would figure the two wires are one positive and one negative. The pump only works off the float so you will need to abandon the third wire which was the manual override. Unless you take apart the pump and wire the third wire directly to the pump motor so you have the manual override.

If it we're me I would get the proper pump... You never know when you may need the manual override should the float fail.

So, technically, you CAN use the two wire pump and add in a manual switch in parallel with the float switch as long as you can isolate the switched side of the pump. It would be better to just replace it pump for pump and wire for wire, but you can do it this way if you don't have another option. I drew out a quick, crude schematic, for you......Bilge Pump Parallel Switch Wiring Diagram.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back