Best way to break in the 900HO.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

mtm2007

Im in the process of the first 5 hr of fun under the Sun with my Spark. Now Im asking the pro's out there ( all of you ) what is the best way to "Break in the motor" 5 hr's of ( WHAT) kind of riding ?? and should I be changing oil and filter after the break in period or go with what BRP say's 50/100Hrs or EOS ( End of Season) Thanks in advance.

Just ride it and have fun. Don't baby it... and don't abuse. but most importantly... don't hold it at one RPM for very long.

Just ride it and have fun. Don't baby it... and don't abuse. but most importantly... don't hold it at one RPM for very long.

Thanks so much for your input Dr. Honda What is your thoughts on Oil's and filter after the break in period ? It's the middle of the season where I am ( Whitefish MT) so Im not going to rush out and change the oil just to park the machine for the winter.

seeing how the 2 up and 3 up are the same except for the extension on the aft end I'm wondering if you could mount the 3 up seat ( it's a bit longer ) on a 2 up ?? Im just looking for more seat room on my 2 up I haven't been to the dealer to test this out and thought I might as well ask the group.

The 3up seat is 100% interchangeable to the 2up, remember it's exactly the same machine, just longer seat, 3 up extension

I was told by my dealer to do the oil change at 10 hours to get rid of any gear mesh in the oil and what not. Only cost me $25 so I did it. Oil wasn't really dirty.

Good luck!

I was told by my dealer to do the oil change at 10 hours to get rid of any gear mesh in the oil and what not. Only cost me $25 so I did it. Oil wasn't really dirty.

Good luck!

Tell the dealer to pull their head out of their asses, and read the manual.

Tell the dealer to pull their head out of their asses, and read the manual.

Exactly what I thought...but seeing as they would be the ones to warranty it, I figured if I listened to them on that oil change then they couldn't come back at me in any way, shape, or form.

Good luck!
Your dealer should have told you about your first service, and it is usually 10 hrs. Also the ECU opens up a little more after 5hrs, so you start at about 85hp and after 5hrs get to 90hp. That is directly dim a Seadoo mechanic. I have a 2015 and was told the exact same....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Your dealer should have told you about your first service, and it is usually 10 hrs. Also the ECU opens up a little more after 5hrs, so you start at about 85hp and after 5hrs get to 90hp. That is directly dim a Seadoo mechanic. I have a 2015 and was told the exact same....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
No service is required at 10hrs. First service will be at 50 hours to inspect some things and 100hrs the first oil change.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Back