Be careful.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SabrToothSqrl

Leaving house in a hurry... Forgot to unhook my trailer. Good times.
195.jpg
196.jpg

And, beaten back to shape, spray painted, and new light.

197.jpg

So... How do I fix my wall?! It's aluminum.

Rough season. You don't fix the wall. Get a new weatherstrip. Why don't you fix it? To remind you not to do that again. Or, if you had a brake you could bend up new flashing and nail it up. Our, hire a siding contractor.

If you really want to fix the wall, go to anyplace that makes gutters or does aluminum siding.

They will have "Coil Stock".
You simply give the the dimension of the front face to the 90 degree bend and then how far from there to the back. And how ever long you want it.

Yes, aluminium can be replaced. One guy with an aluminium pliers will do that in one hour. Then caulking. But it will cost you...

Benji.

lol. first hit since we moved in 5 years ago. and first major hit since I've been towing... around 18 years.
Had to happen some time, right?

yea, I'll get new new aluminum and I'll match up the weather stripping stuff at lowes.

I can back the whole mazda/trailer into the shop, and just leave it, but apparently then when you're leaving and don't want the trailer... it's still attached! who knew?!

Also, after many years of trailering, and thanks to the magic of the internet, you are supposed to run trailer tires at their max PSI. Mine are now 85 (should be 90) because my air compressor can only manage that...

still better than the 35 PSI they were at!

The pressure thing is not exactly correct. That 90psi is the pressure for the tire's maximum load capacity. So say it is 2,000 lbs and you have two tires so that is 4,000 combined. Now if your skis and trailer are only 2,000 lbs your tires will be over inflated and wear out the middle. It is better to go by what the trailer manufacturer says the pressure should be as they determined it by the load rating of the trailer not the tire.

Same with car tires, they will say max load at xx psi but the door sticker will be different and is what the manufacturer suggests.

that's not too bad for damage.....

I rent my neighbors garage when he's away, last summer I had my hatch up on my SUV and backed in a little faster than the garage door went up, and BAM! hit the #2 panel on his (painted) door as it went up, dented beyond repair, also mangled my gas shocks on the hatch. When neighbor came back we spent a weekend ordering new panel, painting it, re-installing, and about 9 apologies from me... I was terrified when he left this May that he was going to say "ya know, I think i'm going to leave the garage empty this summer" I was kissing his azz all winter being extra nice.

I think we all have that story. We do something stupid, feel like and idiot and move on. It is nice to hear others being idiots too though.

Been there, done that. Got in a hurry and forgot to remove 1 of the 2 safety chains. Our driveway is on a hill and I went to go grab dinner, well I pulled the trailer over the wooden wheel chalks and by the time I realized it, the trailer made a nice dent in my bumper and plastics.

i'll share more stupid ones.

Bought a double trailer with two ski's on it, put safety chains on, but when chatting with the guy forgot to lock down the coupler, drove it 70 miles and hit the little dip in the road 1/10 of a mile from my house, off it pops, makes all kinds of racket and sparks (neighbor was walking and saw it), and when I stopped it slid all the way under my truck and was wedged in there pretty dam tight. It took 3 of us to pop it out from under the frame, won't be doing that again.

Took my honda out to the ramp last summer with my buddy, didn't winch the ski onto the trailer because back then I had carpet not sliders, the ski usually never moves... well, I hit the cattle guard under the water a little too fast (like 3 mini speed bumps) and the ski goes bounce bounce bounce and was 2/3's off the trailer, my buddy is screaming and running towards me as I slam on the brakes, he runs behind the trailer to hold up the bottom of the ski before it drops. VERY close call. Probably saved me $600 in pump/fiberglass damage.

So; it looks like they 'custom' make the aluminum siding that is the side of my garage door. What should a single 8' piece cost, installed?

$100? $200?

going to call some places today.

As I mentioned above. It is bent could stock. Go to any Aluminum siding place, they will bend it and hand it to you. I use to do it,,

I've never seen a place that makes it, everyone around me custom bends the flashing on site. A full roll of coil stock is cheap.

Easy to fix. Just aluminium. Like racer xxx said, only the flashing was hurt. Any construction contractor will do it in one hour. I just had a whole garage built and these guys can fix that it a snap.

Talking about stupid things: I had my brand new ATV at the chalet and I scratched the right side over the wheel on a aluminium sheet off a shed. First time out. It took a part off it over the back right wheel. I had to buy the original paint and to a fiberglass job.

Five years later, it still doesn't show!

Benji

I had both front storage / hatches open on my 2000 GTI's drying them out after a day on Lake Erie. I did not notice they rolled forward from their usual position. Put garage door down and heard two bam's. Opened door and the brace across door caught the hoods and broke them off!

I had both front storage / hatches open on my 2000 GTI's drying them out after a day on Lake Erie. I did not notice they rolled forward from their usual position. Put garage door down and heard two bam's. Opened door and the brace across door caught the hoods and broke them off!

That sucks !!!!

I store my skis with everything open. The seats on the GTX are so tall they touch the roof. I have to put a towel on the end or it scuffs the seat up. All about live and learn,,,,

You know how it is after a day on Lake Erie. You have to dry them out or they smell really funky! I just did not notice they rolled forward. They both run great now. I have learned a great amount on this forum. Just look a little funky with bolt heads on top of hatches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back