Battery strength

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess till the battery is dead :rofl:...seriously, It depends on how new the battery is. I wouldn't suggest you crank the tunes for hours and then try to start it up. Even with a brand new battery I wouldn't want to have the tunes on for more than say 15 minutes or so. If you seadoo won't start youd be in big trouble. There are different things available from like West Marine that will attach to the battery and have a reserve charge so you won't be stranded. You could also add a extra battery with a power switch so you will always have a reserve battery to switch to, for start up.

Karl

Karl,

This sounds like a perfect project for my Utopia 205. I want to add a second battery and replace the battery switch with one designed for two batteries.

I figure I would run with both batteries then when anchored I'd switch to a single battery so even if I was playing the radio, GPS and charging the cell phone, I'll always have another battery for starting.

Anyone document this project?

Craig

batteries

On my 230 wake in the engine compartment on the opposite side of the stock battery there's a 8" wide raised up section of the boat that I put a 31 series battery on. I use heavy duty PL caulk to glue a nylon strap down and then put a whole tube of it on the bottom of a battery tray and put it on top of the strap. then just put your battery in strap it down and wire it up. Guest makes a duel battery selector switch that fits in the stock switchs place with no modifications, I got it for $35 on ebay. If someone tells me how to post pictures I will.

Tray

Slide,

I would love to see your install. Is this PL caulk enough to hold the battery tray in place? You inspired me to do this.

To post ppictures simply click the "Quote" button on any post and under the message window you input text in you click the "Manage Attachments" button and there you can attach pictures. Just be aware of file size limitations.

Craig

On my 230 wake in the engine compartment on the opposite side of the stock battery there's a 8" wide raised up section of the boat that I put a 31 series battery on. I use heavy duty PL caulk to glue a nylon strap down and then put a whole tube of it on the bottom of a battery tray and put it on top of the strap. then just put your battery in strap it down and wire it up. Guest makes a duel battery selector switch that fits in the stock switchs place with no modifications, I got it for $35 on ebay. If someone tells me how to post pictures I will.

also you can upload pictures on to a site like www.photobucket.com the copy and past the image on here.

rxp-x2.jpg

battery

It held in place really good that PL is strong stuff and the fiberglass has texture so it is stuck real solid. I'll try putting pictures on.

Slide00 Nice job on the battery. How much cable did it take? Got a pic of the switch? I want to do this to my 08 wake and where did you land the ground on the new battery?

dual battery

You need to use #2 wire and it took about 25'. The negative from the new battery gets hooked up to the negative terminal on the factory battery and the positive goes to the selector switch to make a parallel circuit don't get them mixed up or it will make a series circuit and put 24 volts through the electrical system. You can buy battery post terminals for about $10 at an auto parts store.

battery..

slide...so, when your rip'n around, do you turn switch to "both", and leave it there, and when yourjust listen'n to tunes, with motor/s not run'n, youleave it at "both" also, or switch it to one or other?

dual battery

I'll post pics of the switch when I get home tonight. I run on the big battery most of the time when I'm driving and sitting around listening to music. The small battery is for the automatic bilige and to jump the big battery if I need to. When I'm going to be driving for a long distance 15 to 20 min I put it on both for charging. That 31 series battery last a long time with the radio cranked never had to jump it yet.

battery switch

The ebay picture was a black switch but it showed up blue and I didn't want to mess with sending it back.

Attachments

• IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 31
Nice ski!:cheers:

NICE SKI??:toetap05: are you serious? or was your wife standing behind you when you typed that? lol

And that girl is obviosly not from canada. she must be an import. im mean come on she doesnt even have hairy arm pits.:lols: lol

That pic was from when seadoo showed then new 2008 lineup of skis so it could be in canada seeing as seadoos are made in canada.

NICE SKI??:toetap05: are you serious? or was your wife standing behind you when you typed that? lol

And that girl is obviosly not from canada. she must be an import. im mean come on she doesnt even have hairy arm pits.:lols: lol

We all know what he really means.....

ive got dual batteries on my ship. one is a large deep cycle and the other is a small car battery. i only run them one at a time using the car battery as a backup with a selector switch. ive ran the sirius radio cranked for at least 2 hours on the deep cycle with no starting issues. i also have a 960 watt amp 2 6.5's, 2 6x9's, and the 2 factory 6.5 components. no subs.

ive never been in a situation where i had to use my backup battery, but i do use it somtimes to keep it up to snuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back