Battery life while running radio C180

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGstitan

How long can ya'll run your radio? I have a new battery and the dealership said there is a new regulator /rectifier. I can go out for 4 hours running the stock radio with 2 speakers and it gives me a low battery reading by the end. I stay parked about half the time so I figured I was giving it enough time to recharge. Is this normal?

That sounds about right for a stock system and battery. You could easily add a 2nd battery.

I considered adding a second battery, but was worried that adding another 45-50 pounds to the aft might hinder getting up on plane...almost always have 4 ppl aboard, at our ages, none seem to be getting any skinnier!

Did you notice any performance difference with the added battery?
Anyone ever mount the house/reserve battery in a forward/ bow compartment?

The weight didnt make any difference at all and I am in a smaller boat than you. I dont think you would have any problems. I think more weight in the front may affect you slightly.

I was just checking because I wanted to add another battery so I can put tower speakers and maybe a couple of 8" subs. Didn't want to put all that in and have problems with charging. It just seems I have to put it on the charger too often before I go out. Even the dealer told me charge it between rides and I just thought that was wierd.

Yeah if you are adding more speakers and an amp, you will need another battery. It can easily charge both though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back