Bad ECU on 2006 RXP. Can I reflash 04 ECU?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rumblefish73

Friend has a bad ECU on his 2006 RXP. Won't control the injectors and gives codes P0261 P0264 and P0267.

Put 04 ECU in his and I'm able to fire off the injectors with Candoo but get codes P1200 “blow-by-valve shorted to ground or short circuit” and P0520 Oil Pressure switch faulty, which may be because they used a different switch in 04 vs 06. Would it be ok to start and run it anyway?

Can I reflash 04 ECU with the 06 info by using a different program or does someone know somebody who can do this?

Many of the newer ECUs can be reflashed but not sure if yours is new enough. Torx racing does exactly what you are wanting.

04 and 06 are completely different systems so it will never work unless you change a whole bunch of things including cluster, wiring harness, TOPS system, etc.

Thanks for reply, I've been doing a lot of reading online and I took a chance yesterday, put the 04 DESS key on the post with the 04 ECU in the 06 ski and it starts and runs but I did not rev the engine or let it run longer than 20-30 seconds, just long enough for it to stabilize rpm's after initial startup and verified that it is running on all 3 cylinders which verifies the old ECU was bad causing cyl 1 to not fire to begin with this year and then all three injectors stopped working while trying to figure out why cyl 1 wasn't firing. I have contacted an ebay seller that re-flashes and I will contact Torx racing! His 06 cluster had a crack and got water inside and stopped working. I have the the 04 cluster that i could make up a custom wire harness for it. Has anyone bought the "aftermarket" clusters sold from seller in Brazil, made in China for $469 which is half the price of new?

Yes,, I've bought several of the China clusters and they are pretty good. Not quite to the quality level of OEM but a good low cost replacement. Flashed fine and married fine using buds. We'll see how long they last.

The 02-05 ECU is plug and play with no flashing or marrying required so are good for testing like you've done but actually using without codes or limp mode is a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back