2004, 2006 4-tec Cylinder Heads

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bramsey3

Good Afternoon,

Well after 17 years and 157 hours of service my 2004 RXP finally broke the exhaust valves and the miracle of the incident is that there is no damage to the cylinder wall so I still have my block &crank!

I have a head off of a 2006 that is in good condition. I have been told that by 2006 the valve breaking issue had been resolved which is good if true. Can anyone tell me if the 2006 cylinder head will work on the 2004? I have attached a photo of them side by side. There is a bit of an optical illusion because the two photos were taken at different angles and the combustion chamber and head surface has been cleaned on one and not the other. One thing I did notice is that the intake valves sit higher in the 06 head, actually sticking above the deck surface whereas on the 04 you can see they are recessed. Other than that they appear to be the same.

The 06 head is complete, will the cam/rocker assembly work as/is or is that something that needs to be swapped too, if the head will work?

I called SBT and they did not know. Hoping to find the guy who has done a ton of these that knows the answers off of the top of their head. If it was a small block Chevy I could probably answer my own questions LOL.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 0406.png
    0406.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 0406-2.PNG
    0406-2.PNG
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
You've been told wrong. The valves weren't fixed by 2006. There were lots of changes mid year 2006 including valves. Look at the number on top of the valve to know what you have. You can't just swap heads between those years. They oiling system is different and you risk seizing your motor almost instantly if you mix things up. The oil passages are different as well as the rocker arm shaft. You can use the complete head assembly off the 2006 but you still will need to remove the oil jet in the block. I suggest doing more research.

You've been told wrong. The valves weren't fixed by 2006. There were lots of changes mid year 2006 including valves. Look at the number on top of the valve to know what you have. You can't just swap heads between those years. They oiling system is different and you risk seizing your motor almost instantly if you mix things up. The oil passages are different as well as the rocker arm shaft. You can use the complete head assembly off the 2006 but you still will need to remove the oil jet in the block. I suggest doing more research.
Can you recommend any resources where I can find the correct info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back