Back up trailer guide

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdogmedia66

I'm trying to find this device that I saw some time ago. I remember that it attaches to middle of trailer and when you launch your PWC it pops up to make it easier when backing up your trailer into the boat launch to get your PWC back on. I'm having the hardest time backing up my empty trailer.

Drop the tailgate.

That is the only way I could ever do it.

Or in my dad's car, lift up the hatchback.

Gotta see the trailer, otherwise, no telling where it is going.

I agree, best advice is to just drop the tailgate. Small trailers are fairly difficult to back up in the first place, and it makes it especially hard when you can't see the trailer.

Are you looking for that conical shaped item that sorta funnels your ball toward the hitch receiver?

I have seen fiberglass flag poles (like on kiddie bikes) with a tennis ball or similar at the end. Then mount one on bumper, and one on tongue of trailer, and back up until both balls touch.

If that is legal, I would assume a flag would be also.

I would do it just the poles without the balls. Put trailer on hitch then mount the two poles so they are close together. Maybe put on a quick-release of some sort, spring loaded vice, etc.

I clamped an orange thin fiberglass pole to the back corner of my trailer. I see it all the time and doesn't affect driving to the ramp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back