2022 Fish Pro Sport Hydro locked while fishing on anchor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Rwebb95

While fishing off the anchor for about 40 min to a hr. with the engine off I went to start up to move to a new location. When I hit the start button it hardly turned over (less then a second) and was just a click like a dead battery. I lifted the seat to hook up my jumper and noticed a lot of water in the hull. Not enough covering the battery but I could see it was a few inches deep leading up to the battery area. After the tow into shore and back on the trailer. I drained the hull, removed the plugs and turned it over to blow the water out. I then replaced the plugs and it started right up. Still curious as to the source of the water entering the hull. I then returned to the launch and backed the ski into the water with the seats and engine cover removed. I then noticed it was the carbon ring that was was leaking.

Few questions,
1. How was water able to get into the engine and fill it up enough to hydro lock while just floating? I can understand if I was trying to continually crank the motor over and over and it draws in water while trying to restart. But this time it didn't even make one revolution before it was locked up?

2. What causes the carbon seal to fail so quickly?

While fishing off the anchor for about 40 min to a hr. with the engine off I went to start up to move to a new location. When I hit the start button it hardly turned over (less then a second) and was just a click like a dead battery. I lifted the seat to hook up my jumper and noticed a lot of water in the hull. Not enough covering the battery but I could see it was a few inches deep leading up to the battery area. After the tow into shore and back on the trailer. I drained the hull, removed the plugs and turned it over to blow the water out. I then replaced the plugs and it started right up. Still curious as to the source of the water entering the hull. I then returned to the launch and backed the ski into the water with the seats and engine cover removed. I then noticed it was the carbon ring that was was leaking.

Few questions,
1. How was water able to get into the engine and fill it up enough to hydro lock while just floating? I can understand if I was trying to continually crank the motor over and over and it draws in water while trying to restart. But this time it didn't even make one revolution before it was locked up?

2. What causes the carbon seal to fail so quickly?

I have a new fish pro trophy hydro locked after towing short distance at slow speed
if u got hydro locked from on anchor i am very concerned this is an engineering defect.1 of BRP selling points is the safe anchor system if while on anchor you can become stranded how is this a safe feature making it a total misrepresentation of abilities of fish pros what I'm understanding now is if water is moving under the ski then water is going into cooling hose connected to the head causing water to fill exsaust chambers causing hydro lock. Have u gotten any info from brp on a fix or ate they leaving on the consumer to figger out and pay for???

If that is the case that a cooling hose will fill the cylinders with water when the machine is off and drifting, this is insane. A one way check valve could stop that.

problem with a 1 way is its not the flowing out its the flowing in and unless I misunderstand the way a 1 way works curent pressure would still flow through valve but not back out.
I e been looking g into electronic valves power on motor running valve is open motor stops valve closes
it's total bs and now wife's is back in shop again been there for 2 weeks of course mine is stuck there 2 since they share a trailer I'm about to just sell them eat the loss and switch to a kawasaki and out fit it myself I'm sick of this BRP BS

problem with a 1 way is its not the flowing out its the flowing in and unless I misunderstand the way a 1 way works curent pressure would still flow through valve but not back out.
I e been looking g into electronic valves power on motor running valve is open motor stops valve closes
it's total bs and now wife's is back in shop again been there for 2 weeks of course mine is stuck there 2 since they share a trailer I'm about to just sell them eat the loss and switch to a kawasaki and out fit it myself I'm sick of this BRP BS
That is a very telling statement. Many people complain about BRP after sale service. I hear they are impossible to deal with, deny many claims, and drag their feet at all times with working with customers. It’s such a shame.

I installed a ball valve, easy access.

20231024_162843.jpg.

Back