Aussie's have Spark 175hp turbo with link,pics,videos

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
holy shit! that costs more than the entire ski! I wonder what the turbo lag on those is like. I think I would wait for a cheaper alternative. Do these work on the base model spark or would one have to have the 90hp?

holy shit! that costs more than the entire ski! I wonder what the turbo lag on those is like. I think I would wait for a cheaper alternative. Do these work on the base model spark or would one have to have the 90hp?

so what's the expected engine life here? 7? 8? maybe 10..... minutes?
LOL Good point! 10 min at idle i bet. 140 is just an unreal number. The new turbocharged dodge dart comes with only 160hp and that's from a 2.0L. In the Spark, we're dealing with only 900cc's! Without complete engine modifications (crank, rods, pistons, custom head-bolts, steel head gasket, blue-printing, dynamic-balancing, etc) there is no way this thing would hold up! I don't think the materials can even handle this kind of thermodynamic load with the current cooling system. I would love to hear from a neutral 3rd party that owns one of these for a year and uses it regularly. I know if I had one of these souped-up monsters, I'd be on it every day!!

I don't see the point at all. Strapping 500HP into a golf cart may make for a good time, but you need the supporting structures to handle that power as well...

All I can say is....

Polishing a turd.

The spark is supposed to be cheap fun. If I'm going to spend $6k for the ski, and another $5k for a turbo.... I'll take that +$11k and buy a better ski, with a warranty, and reliability. And trust me... with that much power... you will never find out how fast it can go, because that little hull won't go straight long enough.

What kills me is there is no video of it in the water!

I agree I'd love to see a videoof it in action. I am going to reach out to them to see what kind of info I can get on the kit.

I don't see the point at all. Strapping 500HP into a golf cart may make for a good time, but you need the supporting structures to handle that power as well...
Hmmmmm IDK, I think it would be fun as hell to try :) I'd try it! I mean 140? That's only 30hp more than an X4 and the spark is longer AND wider... and the XP could easily use another 20 or so. I think the spark has all the hull one would need at that power spec.

Yup next summer will be crazy with all the spark stuff.

The one thing we can all agree on is it will definately make all the OEMs look at what people actually want.

I think I'm gonna wait for a better looking version. They definitely missed that mark for me :( But yea, THANK GOD they are finally making jet skies again and getting away from the mini-yacht concept.

i think the 175/140hp turbos is more directed at people racing in australia, the sprak cost from $7000-$10,000 in australia so the cost of the turbo is a huge amount but doesnt cost more than the ski down under

i think the 175/140hp turbos is more directed at people racing in australia, the sprak cost from $7000-$10,000 in australia so the cost of the turbo is a huge amount but doesnt cost more than the ski down under

Yet another reason I love this great country of ours...

All lift kits? There's not like a "legal range"? I can see monster trucks not having a place on the streets, but if it still fits in the lane...

Back