Aussie's have Spark 175hp turbo with link,pics,videos

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Dr Honda you mentioned the cost factor of turboing a Spark and how it would be more sensible to buy a "better" ski. I'm going to have to kindly disagree with you on that one. If I had a $12,000 budget for a new ski (which I don't) I wouldn't even look at anything other than the Spark. Assuming there would be no structural integrity issues with 175hp in a Spark, I'd be all for that. It's not about "better" but more about not being a fat bloated pig ski. If that spark can handle the power I'd take a ski that hits 70 in 2 seconds waaay over any new X ski as they bore me to death. For me with that budget the only other option would be a full miller 1120 951 conversion X4. I get the marketing. Entry level ski etc. But as time rolls on and this ski proves itself as much as I hope it does, there will be many more guys like myself who are far far from an entry level rider lining up to get a Spark. This ski (to me) was built for the hard core jumper. Only time will tell.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Agreed, there really are two types of skis, ones like the SPARK that are nimble, LIGHT and fun, and big cruisers for times when you want a long, peaceful ride, where today's mini-yachts would make sense. I understand the purpose for both, hence I kept my GTS, but even IT is too light. I do love the fuel economy of it though :)

Looks like a lot of fun!

I wish Sea Doo would just build us a Spark sized high performance ski. Having owned a RXT and RXP in the past they are just to big to be nimble enough to enjoy on the water. Don't get me wrong its nice to have a bigger ski to cruise the lake but for us high performance guys who want a small nimble ski we need something smaller. I really hope a Spark X is introduced!

I'm absolutely POSITIVE that's where the market is going. I believe the industry finally heard us. Once they see how this hull and design holds up and all these Beta Testers submit their results, they'll make improvements and see what they need to tweak to make this thing more beefy. This is only the beginning. Think back to the 1989 Seadoo SP and how it evolved into the X4. I'm glad I'm going to be alive for what's to come :)

Seems to me that all that hull wants to do is point to the sky under full throttle with that much power. Maybe a different pitch impeller will remedy that.

Maryland is the pits!! I live in Delaware and you should see how many Marylanders are jumping the boarder! Hell, Maryland started taxing rain this year!!!

the first video just sounded like it bounced off the rev limiter the whole time.

I don't think the videos of the turbo spark are the same as the Australian one, it says vtechSweden as the username.

Maryland is the pits!! I live in Delaware and you should see how many Marylanders are jumping the boarder! Hell, Maryland started taxing rain this year!!!

Yes, I have looked at houses in DE, I can get transferred over there. Id hate to buy a house in MD.

Back