Anyone using 2wd to launch?? Anything I should watch for??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

fearthisinc

Got my truck in the shop and looking ot take the boat out.. Only truck I have access to is a 1988 Silverado which is rwd.. The truck has seen better days but still runs pretty strong.. I towed the boat from my storage garage to the house and she pulled fine.. Braking was a whole other issue lol.. Just curious though what you guys think about launching with a 2wd.. I know it can be done but not sure what to watch for.. Would hate to get her in the water and then find out she aint coming back out lol..

Got my truck in the shop and looking ot take the boat out.. Only truck I have access to is a 1988 Silverado which is rwd.. The truck has seen better days but still runs pretty strong.. I towed the boat from my storage garage to the house and she pulled fine.. Braking was a whole other issue lol.. Just curious though what you guys think about launching with a 2wd.. I know it can be done but not sure what to watch for.. Would hate to get her in the water and then find out she aint coming back out lol..

my truck is 2 wheel drive :( So I just try to keep the rear tires out of the water if possible. to avoid any possibility of getting stuck. Sometimes that requires muscling the boat off the trailer a little.

Personally, I wouldnt but i see people do it all the time. really depends on the launch. just make sure its not too steep and isnt sandy or covered in lots of slippery growth.

I haven't had to put my rig in 4 wheel peel, on any launch yet. the one on my lake is right rough too. I would think you'd be okay ... follow fosters points about condition of launch and you can make a descsion prior to launch. Maybe bring along some tow straps just in case. I'm sure if your burning up your meats on the launch someone will help yah pull er' out.

You got a speedster 150, you'll be fine. just don;t launch anywhere you rear tires will be sitting on any kind of pond scum. i launch my 180 every weekend with a two wheel drive and have never had a problem.

We have the S200 and we pull it with a Ford Explorer. I've never had to use 4WD to pluck it out. Like most said. Make sure the ramp is as clean as dry as they can be and go slow should not be an issue at all.

I use an 08 ford expedition and its never even thought about spinning tires.... but the expedition is a pretty heavy SUV, and yes, i also have a speedster 150.

I also have only HAD to use my truck in 4wd 2 times to ever pull it out. Most the time you shouldnt need too, its that 1 time that will ruin your day....and truck. Lots of videos on youtube of trucks stuck on ramps. Even a member here had his truck washed away recently.

my truck is 4wd, but I never really use it. I put in on the beach all the time too. Slow and steady is key!

I tow my sportster with my honda accord everywhere. The Honda is rated to tow 2000 lbs max. the boat weighs 1594lbs.

Thanks for all the input.. Thankfully I didn't end up needed it.. Truck got out of the shop in time so I was able to use that.. Not something you see everyday...

117.jpg

118.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back