Anyone know where this goes?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my 2000 Challenger 2000, I found this item resting in the hull area just in front of the battery (starboard side) between the battery and the fuel tank. (See 2 pictures where I show the item from both sides).
It's obviously some sort of sound dampening component that has fallen off from somewhere in the boat and likely made it back to this area when the boat was accelerating forward. Or, since I'm a recently new owner to this boat, perhaps the prior owner just tossed it in this area when he didn't know where it went.
I'd like to re-affix it in the area it was intended/designed to be in. However, I can't identify any specific area in the boat where this uniquely shaped item would fit. Can anyone help me out here by providing some clues? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20180708_121946.jpg
    20180708_121946.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
  • 20180708_121955.jpg
    20180708_121955.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
Don't know... sorry. As you said.. probably broke away from somewhere up inside where we don't normally get to.

I have a 2000 challenger 2000 too and I can't see where this is from either. does it look custom built?

On my islandia when I was running cables there is something like this on the starboard side between the engine compartment and the front of the boat. It's midway to about right in front of the cockpit. Don't know if its for sound dampening or some type of firewall. found it very annoying as i had to work hard to get the wiring through the gaps between this and the outer hull wall. Seems like the rod I use for running cables kept wanting to snag on it. I've included a picture of the one from the front side of the boat. The backside from the engine compartment is white like yours.

Attachments

• IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back