Anyone in NC?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

yelah

lots of different lakes in North Carolina
Belews Lake
Lake Norman
Baden
High Rock
etc....

anyone????

Not yet but I am going to be moving to the Raleigh/Durham area next fall. I have heard nothing about great things about the lakes in NC. I can't wait to get down there.

lake livin' in NC

yes, sorry i didn't see your post earlier. I live in morganton,nc. we have lake james which is phenom!! 6500acres 150mi. of shore line. very deep and extremely clear. lake norman is only about 35 min. away. much bigger, but more crowded. there are also a couple of lakes closer to ashville.

can't wait for the rest of my parts to come in. my boat project is almost done. and the water at belews creek is still 65 degrees. i want to break it in and be ready for spring/summer.

winston salem . belews lake clear as a bell. and it is a hot hole. small and deep.over 200 feet in some spots,high rock is stained water but good riding also

Depends on where in NC you are looking. We have Jordan and Falls in the central (Raleigh/Durham) area. Bouy course on Jordan on most weekends at Farrington Point. Falls is an option with many fingers/coves. Up north we have Gaston and Kerr which are much larger. There are quite a few places to ride....just depends on your area.

Lake Norman here... If you've never been here before, its very big (largest in NC) with lots of shoreline. Its also full of big boats, 30ft plus, during the summer. If you like wave jumping, then this is the place. If you just wanna get out and cruise, it sucks. Extremely rough. Been to Wylie too. It is half in NC and half in SC. Not too bad, a little more calm than Norman, but the water stays muddy most of the year, so if you have an older white hulled SeaDoo, you may wanna but a good coat of wax on it before you ride.

Thanks

Thanks for all the good feedback on different lakes in NC. I plan on going to a lot that were mentioned. thanks again.

My family vacations on Kerr Lake. We come down from NW Va. a 4 hr drive. We stay at the Bullocksville State park campground. GREAT lake.

i'm in camden, and we're going to lake gaston soon. camdens perfect in my opinion, although the water is well, tea color

i'm in camden, and we're going to lake gaston soon. camdens perfect in my opinion, although the water is well, tea color

Nothing wrong with tea color. That is blackwater. I like blackwater rivers. Blackwater is not from polution. It is from the tannin in decaying leaves and is a natural process. Blackwater is actually sterile and mosquito larvae cannot survive in it as well as other type river swamps.

Is that camden, NC or SC?

Lake Norman here... If you've never been here before, its very big (largest in NC) with lots of shoreline. Its also full of big boats, 30ft plus, during the summer. If you like wave jumping, then this is the place. If you just wanna get out and cruise, it sucks. Extremely rough. Been to Wylie too. It is half in NC and half in SC. Not too bad, a little more calm than Norman, but the water stays muddy most of the year, so if you have an older white hulled SeaDoo, you may wanna but a good coat of wax on it before you ride.

Hello From Lake norman.
its not a bad lake. does not smell and good clear water in some parts.

Greenville NC here but i dont ride anywhere because i dont have a ski :( But if i did it would be in the sound or ocean

I live in Chesapeake, VA but I go to Lake Gaston most weekend from Memorial Day through Labor Day. You can find me on a green 96 GTX!

Im here in huntersville about 10 min. from lake norman... Got me and 3 buddys with about 14 1995 to 1999 sea doo's... We go to Norman saturdays and Baden on sundays... Sometimes go to high rock...

Back