Top end 71 MPH with SCOM 👎🏻

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

qtrmiler347

2017 Seadoo RXT X300. In freshwater lake today, did 71 MPH with SCOM. Besides draining some oil since I put it to full, the only other thing I can think of is run it on a cold day. It was 93 today but probably 85 degrees when I ran today it in Miami, FL. I had it trimmed up and I was on the back squatting out of the wind as best I could. I’ve seen lots of 75 MPH posts stock with SCOM. The impeller and wear ring are stock but brand new. What am I doing wrong?

The SCOM was new, never installed but I didn’t buy it from RIVA, it was from EBAY. My RPM looking at the tach appeared to be around 8300 give or take. My ski can be put into sport mode at idle before flooring it. I assume that is same as “starting” in sport mode? Is something wrong with the SCOM? I drained some oil also it’s 3/4 to full but not completely full. I also dumped all excess junk in the trunk up front. I tried level and trimmed up. Still 71 on the speedometer in fresh water.

On the alleged "75 mph" claims others have posted that you reference, do they happen to note their RPM compared to yours? Are these "75 mph" machines the same as yours in every way? Are you heavier than the riders posting these claims by chance?

Update: I bought a new SCOM on sale at RIVA Motorsports. Plugged it in since they did the original install. Turned on the instrument cluster, set it on sport mode, pulled the key off, put it back on, energized the gauge cluster and it still shows it’s on sport mode. So from what I read, this is 100% proof it’s working? I haven’t had time to take it out since the new unit was plugged in.

On the alleged "75 mph" claims others have posted that you reference, do they happen to note their RPM compared to yours? Are these "75 mph" machines the same as yours in every way? Are you heavier than the riders posting these claims by chance?
See my above post. Looks like the new unit stays in sport mode even after it’s powered down. Didn’t used to do that.

Update: I bought a new SCOM on sale at RIVA Motorsports. Plugged it in since they did the original install. Turned on the instrument cluster, set it on sport mode, pulled the key off, put it back on, energized the gauge cluster and it still shows it’s on sport mode. So from what I read, this is 100% proof it’s working? I haven’t had time to take it out since the new unit was plugged in.

Have you tried it yet?

Back