Any good Mods for 1997 gsx 787?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nb717

i am new to jetskiing, and after a season with my machine, im eager to increase my top speed. my top speed now is about 63mph, and i want to see how much higher i can go. thanks.

i have the same ski and really you are only doing about 58 on flat water and a good wind.... but as for the mods....new impellar......new intake grate......ported and polished........new exhaust......high spark wires.......play with carb a little (IF you know how)........ but remember with all mods you runa high risk of frying your engine especially a new pipe.... a high compression head

I'd say you're running pretty good. got the same ski too. if you're runnign that good, i personally don't see the point in spending hundreds for 3 extra mph

I'd say you're running pretty good. got the same ski too. if you're runnign that good, i personally don't see the point in spending hundreds for 3 extra mph

I definitely do not want to fry my engine... Also, do you know any required maintenance I should do, as I just hit my 100 hours. I'm very handy, and want to stay away from the shops

hours really arent important on a 2 stroke they just need the basics.... have you
1)changed gray fuel lines
2) Rebuilt carbs
3) cleaned rave valves
4) changed oil filter
5) changed out oil pump lines(the small ones on the pump)
6) changed water pump lube

I definitely do not want to fry my engine... Also, do you know any required maintenance I should do, as I just hit my 100 hours. I'm very handy, and want to stay away from the shops

maintenance chart

maintenance chart.jpg

Is that page from the owners operating manuel?

Bjake, check the spelling of Seadoo in your profile..."see" what I mean.....LOL

I was talking to a seadoo dealership guy yesterday about my ski. He has the same ski as you and runs 67-68mph. What he did... new impeller, bored out the very end of the peice that covers the jet pump that affects the trim (can't remember the name of it sorry). Made that outlet a bit bigger to get more water through, and made is trim higher. He says he runs 7400-7500 rpm now pushing the 67-68mph on the 97 gsx. Just repeating what he told me. Sounds like it might work, without Fin the engine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back