Another oil pump question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigredram87

Real quick question just finished installing motor in my 94 xp. I didn't do this entire project me and a friend built it. He didn't pay attention to oil lines when installing the motor and during the oil pump inspection I realized one of the small oil lines was broke, which I know they do which is why I checked. My question is with my schedule the only day we can try run the ski on lake is tomorrow and my question is this can the seadoo oil pump run dry without ruining it? I want to just pinch of the oil line after the filter and run 40:1 for just tomorrow till I get time to swap them. I appreciate any help, also can these lines be changed without removing carb on the 657x I know on my 787 I have to remove carb. Thanks

Nope. If it's dry... it will eat itself.

SO... if you don't want to hurt the pump... replace the hoses. (Shouldn't take that long) You can buy small tygon hose from your local lawnmower shop. OR... you can even get it at a hobby shop that sells RC aircraft.

Nope. If it's dry... it will eat itself.

SO... if you don't want to hurt the pump... replace the hoses. (Shouldn't take that long) You can buy small tygon hose from your local lawnmower shop. OR... you can even get it at a hobby shop that sells RC aircraft.

Thanks I appreciate the input just got the Tygon will try and do tonight . Do you know if people generally try to do this with carbs on? Just curious don't want to bother struggling but also don't like reusing gaskets too much would like to keep carb on

Thanks I appreciate the input just got the Tygon will try and do tonight . Do you know if people generally try to do this with carbs on? Just curious don't want to bother struggling but also don't like reusing gaskets too much would like to keep carb on

Use a mirror to view during the install to make things easy. I borrowed my wife's travel makeup mirror several years ago and she hasn't missed it since :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back