RESTO Another 95 XP800

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pickup. I'm still trying to decide what to do with my 95 as well. I won't get to it this winter with too many projects so contemplating selling to another restorer. Hate seeing it hiding in a barn lol.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I offered the one I have to a member for $800 as is because he was considering restoring it. I just end up repairing them and selling on a trailer for 1500ish as a "working jetski" to someone who doesn't realize or appreciate the rarity or heritage. If I had two on a double trailer running that would be a sweet package the right guy might drive for.

Adam if your really gonna restore it I can help with pistons and gaskets and such.

Y'all know I want to keep it, buttttt the wife is not pleased with the current garage situation lol

Can't you just store the other 95 at the lake house while restoring this one?

I actually kept a detailed spreadsheet of my spx build but honestly it was kind of depressing to see how much I spent lol. I stopped keeping track at the end because it was starting to force me to cheap out on things and couldn't have that. Also, I wanted no evidence for the wife to find [emoji1].

Nice pickup. I'm still trying to decide what to do with my 95 as well. I won't get to it this winter with too many projects so contemplating selling to another restorer. Hate seeing it hiding in a barn lol.

Does it run? I'm not far from you. Pm me pics!

If I keep it, I will keep track of any money spent and keep pictures flowing better. I do have nothing but time on this one. The last 95 I somewhat rushed because I had no other ski at the time.

if you keep it, I thought this was a resto thread....

Can't you just store the other 95 at the lake house while restoring this one?

I actually kept a detailed spreadsheet of my spx build but honestly it was kind of depressing to see how much I spent lol. I stopped keeping track at the end because it was starting to force me to cheap out on things and couldn't have that. Also, I wanted no evidence for the wife to find [emoji1].

lol now that my friend is funny

The first rule of a restoration is to never keep track of the cost.
First it will make you upset.
Second there is a chance your significant other might find it.

Ok first off, you guys need to man up. Do you keep track of her hair salon visits? Nails? Clothes? Shoes? Make up?

Who smokes cigarettes here? How much are you pissing away a week on that habit? That's seadoo money you're wasting.

Second, I love the details on the cost. I love seeing how little I pay for stuff. I don't find it depressing at all

It is staying
176.jpg

Lol in my house the rule goes like this...I can buy as many skis as I want but if I own one for longer than a year then the wife says I have to buy Dimond ear rings lol

Lol in my house the rule goes like this...I can buy as many skis as I want but if I own one for longer than a year then the wife says I have to buy Dimond ear rings lol
But youre off the hook on the next one cause she got an xpl :cheers:

The mpem on this 95 was supposedly bad. After some reading and parts swapping it's as good as new. This relay here was bad. It powers on the cdi
185.jpg

And great troubleshooting. Many people would just start throwing parts at it and opening the wallet. THAT is why we can ride skis for much less than others. Or spend money on the upgrades....

Here was my original post that I couldn't get to go through

Well I thought the VTS was taking out the mpem. Previous owner said the mpem was bad. The gauges would light up when hitting start button with no key. Put the key on and temp sensor would flash and I assume 4 beeps(beeper bad). This would indicate mpem can not communicate with cdi. After some research and listening(I couldn't hear the click in mpem when turning on) I replaced the relay. This part. Everything works as it should now. Woohooo
186.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back