after market sponsons

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

faded

Last edited by a moderator:
no one? looks like i'll be the first one here to try them? hmmmmmm. :(

i will be ordering "worx sponsons" today. should have them on by next week.

You might have more luck in the PWC/jetski section

You posted this in the jet boat section and I don't think they would do much for our boats?
:cheers:

I used to have two jetskies and one had plenty of modification. one of those mods were sponsons. They work. Keep the jetski more level like floating over the water... It makes the jetskie also more touchy... you have to be carefull with that.

i went ahead and order the ones from "worx". thye should arrive by the weekend. i spent 2 hours today carving out the foam to the get the old ones off. got it all prepped and ready for the new ones. :hurray:

Good choice. Worx is the best brand of the 3. Beach house used to break a lot.

Chester

took 2 hours to cut away the foam from around the nuts, once that was done it was a 20 min install for each side. trailer is hitched to the back of the truck right now. i'm on my way to test them out. :)

i should have a mod move this thread to the proper section. i have a few pics i could post.

two words ------ "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" :willy_nilly: :coolgleam:

i lost 5 MPH on my top speed. not sure if it's the sponsons or the fact that i had to pull the water box. maybe i knocked something off whack a little. :confused:

feels like i'm floating on air and it turns on a dime at 40. hang on. very noticeable difference. i like it a lot. :hurray:

after 2 hours all my screws have come loose. i didn't really torque them down. they have nylock nuts on them so i thought they would be ok. tomorrow i have to redo them and torque them down. i will throw a drop of loctite on those as well. i put loctite on the outer screws and they held fine.

IMG_3220.JPG

two words ------ "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" :willy_nilly: :coolgleam:

i lost 5 MPH on my top speed. not sure if it's the sponsons or the fact that i had to pull the water box. maybe i knocked something off whack a little. :confused:

View attachment 2345

The lost of 5 mph might be to a larger surface area now in contact with the water. Do a motor mod to gain them back.

i used red loctite on the outer screws. now i tried to remove the sponsons from the rail so i can tighten the rail screws. the sponsons screws will NOT loosen. i have started to strip the head on one so i stopped. i am sitting on my couch crying right now. i don't know what to do. the sponsons are loose and water is coming in thru the holes. i need to get the screws loose to fix this.

how do i break red loctite loose? i used ALOT. :( :(

i can NOT budge them. it looks like i may be out a set of sponsons. all i see is cutting them off.

so i clamped a set of vice grips to the head of the screw. it turned, but all it did was strip out the nut mounted in the rail. now i really am crying. $250 dollars wasted. :ack:

i tried grinding one of the screw heads off so i could get to the rails. it melted my sponson. i give up. i blew it bad on this one. :( :ack:

anyone know where i can get a replacement sponson for 97 gsx, left side? it needs to be purple. i'll just put the old ones back on.

Dude, that suckss :ack: I wouldd be sooo P****'d off.. waste of 250 bucks! Well on the little upside, at least u got to try them out:boxing_smiley:Sorry to hear it man, maybe u can find some cheap used ones on craigslist

Dude, that suckss :ack: I wouldd be sooo P****'d off.. waste of 250 bucks! Well on the little upside, at least u got to try them out:boxing_smiley:Sorry to hear it man, maybe u can find some cheap used ones on craigslist

i have contacted Tom at WORX. he is setting me up with a replacement set. :hurray:

i spent the day grinding the heads off the screws. i got them off without damaging anything, other than the sponson plate. i'm at the point now where i just want my stock ones back. i broke a stock one so i figured while i was at it .................................

no one wants to move this thread for me. i even reported it to get it moved. tried sending a mod a message as well. :(
oh well, no biggie. it's all the same. :hat:

so i ground the screws heads off. made a couple trips to the hardware store for some button head screws. i drilled some access holes so i can get to the rail screws. then i bolted the rail to the sponson plate si it's all one until. i can't adjust it now. it's set on "racing". kinda where i want it so i guess that's ok. once i got the plate bolted to the rail i bolted the rail to the vessel. i made the access hole big enough for a fat screwdriver but small enough that the screws don't fall all the way out. not that this does anything once it's all bolted up, but i thought it was clever.

so i'm all good now. i had to grind and cut and drill on my $244 race sponsons but i have them on and after an hour of hard riding they are still solid. i think i'm done with this project now. time to go ride. :hurray:

IMG_3279.JPG IMG_3273.JPG IMG_3277.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back